Carolina Crown 2023

1 minute ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Lacrimosa is already in the show. It's at the end of the 2nd movement before the ballad. I'm sure it'll make a reappearance a la Hallelujah in 2016.

Yeah I know it is, I want t hear it properly fleshed out in the closer like I think it will be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lacrimosa is the perfect piece to convey the push and pull and the emotions that would happen in the battle between arthur and his son. It would be a GE powerhouse depending on how they arrange it and do the scene. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Lacrimosa is the perfect piece to convey the push and pull and the emotions that would happen in the battle between arthur and his son. It would be a GE powerhouse depending on how they arrange it and do the scene. 

I don't think we'll see the battle scene. I think we'll get an ending with Arthur banishing Guinivere and Lancelot. There's not been a character introduced as his son, unless that's yet to be foreseen. I think they're more so focusing on the love triangle instead of the entire story.

Which would still be perfect for the heartbreak that Arthur is feeling.

Edited by Grandpa Joe
  • Like 1

Just now, Grandpa Joe said:

...and would still be perfect for a powerful closer too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

I don't think we'll see the battle scene. I think we'll get an ending with Arthur banishing Guinivere and Lancelot. There's not been a character introduced as his son, unless that's yet to be foreseen. I think they're more so focusing on the love triangle instead of the entire story.

Actually, it looks like Arthur does get “slained” at the end of movement 4 after the mello lick in minor. Would the guard member that does the slaying happen to be their introduction of the son?

Edited by BWadeThomas
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BWadeThomas said:

Actually, it looks like Arthur does get “slained” at the end of movement 4 after the mello lick in minor. Would the guard member that does the slaying happen to be their introduction of the son?

That's what I thought watching the multicam video of them in Muncie. Arthur puts his hands on his side where he was "stabbed". That's why I think he'll die by the end. Dark show with a dark ending.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BWadeThomas said:

Actually, it looks like Arthur does get “slained” at the end of movement 4 after the mello lick in minor. 

That would make sense because what follows is one of my favorite ever songs, Purcell’s “Dido’s Lament / When I am Laid in Earth,” which Dido sings right before death, and which is definitely a downer with a deathly mood, even if you don’t know the story. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yah and leave him as a “once and future king”

On 7/2/2023 at 5:13 PM, BWise said:

Well one weekend in .. 

BAC .. back to 2019 and another how Crown can you make a show without it being Crown  I was encouraged last year because I was beginning to see Potter et al trying to create an identity that is BAC and not so overtly underpinned by his Crown days .. and it payed off. The show is just so Crown derivative this year.

BD - Again .. I thought they pushed into new areas last year and this year it could be any BD show  Rinse and repeat  

Crown - More approachable and digestible show for sure than RHRN .. and the staging is way better. I do feel the show hits a  lull .. the opener is so emotional and powerfully and I can see where they are going with the closer. They will compete .. and we be in the top tier  .. but is there enough content to push ? 

Bloo - have not seen  yet

When there is no “the show” .. BDs win  it’s just the statistical probability.. Babylon was a “the show” .. downside up etc 

Well .. just my 2¢

Is it Crown derivative or Potter derivative? Identities are more attached to the designer, not necessarily the corps. If you put BD’s design team on Crown, would you be surprised if they start putting out BD shows? 

And since when is rehashing and following your design identity a bad thing? Crown does it all the time 😊 

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Is it Crown derivative or Potter derivative? Identities are more attached to the designer, not necessarily the corps. If you put BD’s design team on Crown, would you be surprised if they start putting out BD shows? 

And since when is rehashing and following your design identity a bad thing? Crown does it all the time 😊 

Crown hasn't done this type of show in 7 years, and after that season the design team left for BAC, so please explain how they do it "all the time". Every show they've done since then have been vastly different from the last.