Carolina Crown 2023

Honestly, I'm not spelling doom and gloom. I'm just being sarcastic. Crown has been ahead in GE, and they've been behind in GE. Percussion was the catalyst tonight, but I believe they're gonna be just fine. Everyone spelling doom and gloom are the same people who didn't spell it for Bluecoats when their guard outscore their content. They're the ones that have been waiting for this to happen.

9 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Not trying to add more gloom but man it would really be nice if percussion could stop being an anchor for this corps success. It's been over a decade now and it's still an issue. Yeesh!

This right here.

I became obsessed with DCI after 2012 finals because For the Common Good blew me away. That hornline pulled off Copeland in a way I never thought was possible. 

Then it didn't win. It just didn't make sense to me.

I go home and look at the recap and 6th in percussion! 

11 years and looks like nothing has changed on that front.

Best hornline. Jaw dropping talent. Entertaining well written show.

Percussion not keeping up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, karuna said:

ok so ignore is probably not accurate for me either.  but it's not until SA where I feel like scores reflect "ok this is where the judges think everyone is right now".  

After what just posted out in the mountains….yeah, best to wait for either BA or San Antonio!

Percussion score is baffling. I'm not a judge so I guess I missed something. Crowns show seemed cleaner than bloo and has a lot more ge potential.  Let's hope they work it out. They certainly had a better crowd response. This is their best show since 2016. 

The only change I caught was the ending set of the opener,and it was very slight. 

I'm going to Broken Arrow too so I'll be able to tell any immediate changes. I'm going to reserve my full.review for then.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

After what just posted out in the mountains….yeah, best to wait for either BA or San Antonio!

Meh.  Those scores tell you how far behind Boston is but not much else.  Interesting to see only 2 sub-caption "1's" in Boston's score.    BD won every other sub-cap

• Like 1

1 minute ago, karuna said:

Meh.  Those scores tell you how far behind Boston is but not much else.  Interesting to see only 2 sub-caption "1's" in Boston's score.    BD won every other sub-cap

Oh and CrownGuard held on to that 2nd place 🙂  

MY OH MY OH MY.  Work it, CrownGuard! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, karuna said:

For me it’s bizarre, I get trying to find an accurate gap but sheesh! I’m going to the Denton show on Thursday. Not really trying to place anybody, but simply take it all in haha

lots of great shows to watch! Crown included!

• Like 1