Carolina Crown 2023

Just now, karuna said:

Just getting in front of a screen.  How was Crowns run?

It was a good one. Flo is terrible tonight so it was hard to get a true read on my end

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Anyone in the show thread that thinks Klesch should be gone from Crown has no idea what they are talking about. Crown would not sound the way they do without him and he is a hall of famer that is still writing great shows. Just needed to get that off my chest. Great run tonight Crown!

Can’t thank you enough for addressing that. Saw it elsewhere, but I don’t have enough corps cred to push back.

But I immediately saw cream and purple…

• Like 3

Just now, nsxanax said:

Can’t thank you enough for addressing that. Saw it elsewhere, but I don’t have enough corps cred to push back.

But I immediately saw cream and purple…

He's only written some of the most iconic mello licks and a show that got a perfect brass score so he's doing something right. IMO a lot of corps went the way of Crown to incorporate more multiple tonguing and runs into their shows because Crown has a lot of success with it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

He's only written some of the most iconic mello licks and a show that got a perfect brass score so he's doing something right. IMO a lot of corps went the way of Crown to incorporate more multiple tonguing and runs into their shows because Crown has a lot of success with it

CrownBrass influence is everywhere (including the caption head at Bloo!)

• Like 4

I should mention that I was auditioning at a camp one time and he wrote a new quick part for the mellos I think? But it instantly made it sound amazing and better. Just off the cuff. I honestly can't remember what the song was. Might have been an encore piece

• Like 1

I see they’ve made some small placements of where Arthur is on the field throughout the show.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Any hot takes from those that know perc?

They seemed sharp to me.  They finally got BOTH the spin around AND the ripple sound right in the ballad at the same time...heh

• Thanks 1