Carolina Crown 2023

2 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

While it sounds like a long shot with a re-write fix, the choice between Ott or a podium spot is almost a Sophie’s Choice🙁

Heh.  Someone else was speculating about what if Crown didn't win a caption this year.  With 2-4 so tight and BD doing BD, I could see that happening and Crown STILL coming away with a medal.  

• Like 2

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Heh.  Someone else was speculating about what if Crown didn't win a caption this year.  With 2-4 so tight and BD doing BD, I could see that happening and Crown STILL coming away with a medal.  

Didn't Bloo do the same in 2015? No captions and got 3rd

• Like 1

While catching BD may well be out of reach,  staying ahead of Bloo and hunting down the whale are both in their reach. Boston came out cleaner than anyone —by a lot.  And while this may be their strongest corps performer-wise I don’t think it’s their strongest show design at all. WE SHALL SEE WHAT TRANSPIRES!    

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Didn't Bloo do the same in 2015? No captions and got 3rd

Sounds right. 

With averaging for captions, all the marbles really does come down to the last run, of the last night, of the season.

As alway—and others I’m sure—see Inferno…

• Like 1

Back to the opera thing...cause Crown has me loving this new sound...

There's a wealth of contemporary opera doing some great creative things Crown might explore. 

Huang Ruo  Book of Mountains and Seas comes to mind 

Jeanine Tesori's vocabulary has a lot of things to explore too

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/29/arts/jeanine-tesori-songs.html

her more operatic piece, Blue, was amazing on stage

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MGCpimpOtimp said:

Crown percussion ahead of Bloo two nights in a row. I think I'm gonna go back about 30 pages and bring up some quotes about the "percussion woes" lol

I was the one who said that Crown being back .7 from bloo in perc one night is why they were behind and now they are ahead in perc and ahead of Bloo. Hmmmm lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

I was the one who said that Crown being back .7 from bloo in perc one night is why they were behind and now they are ahead in perc and ahead of Bloo. Hmmmm lol

Probably has nothing to do with the fact Bluecoats took 5 of the 8 captions against Crown in Broken Arrow and Crown took 5 of 8 tonight…but yep definitely the percussion’s problem.

• Like 1