Carolina Crown 2023

39 minutes ago, BWise said:

Let’s run this question again. 
Who all is going to NightBeat?

I’m am .. gates at 3:00p .. sec 406

BW, I think we’re both in CClub area. I believe K is going to be in attendance as well, and I want to say at least one other, though the userID escapes me at the moment.

I try to arrive about 1:00p, as—at least in prior years—you can enter the stadium and watch Crown run sets. Had I not done so in ‘16 and last year, I’d have missed any opportunity to see any live Crown, even if it was only sliced and diced bits and pieces.

I’d like to get together for a group photo, but I respect some DCP’ers desire to maintain their anonymity for various reasons. 

But barring a hospital gurney or a morgue slab, my a$$’ll be in WS come next weekend👑👍

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, BWise said:

Section 408, I will try to be there around 3.

Will they let us in the club area before 3?

Edited by wigwam
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, BWise said:

Yes this!  Someone please help me understand. Me thinks what they are doing visually is working with what they do musically. If that is the definition of VA.

Ditto (Trippo?) on the explainer….

54 minutes ago, BWise said:

Just now, wigwam said:

Section 408

OUTSTANDING!!!!

Two tickets for Crown premium seating=$250

Two nights at low-mid grade lodging=$170

Required, “nice dinner” with spouse on Sat. night=$60 + tip

Live Crown, on—crossed fingers—continued, upward swing @ NightBEAT=PRICELESS

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Section 408, I will try to be there around 3.

Will they let us in the club area before 3?

Idk. NSXANAX?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BWise said:

Idk. NSXANAX?

Elevators for McCreary (sp?) Tower open generally right on time [4:00p], but the line starts forming up +/-3:00p. I keep an eye on it, and decide when to join the queue. 

They won’t run out of food and all the seating is great, but I like to be up there earlier than later, as you can pick out an open table and not need to “cut-in.”

Should add however, that I’ve made some great acquaintances over the years.

Gonna name drop, but my very first NB I ended up sitting with Doug Mader and his family. Had no inkling until later in the evening that I had beenin the company of legit, Crown royalty.

We exchange greetings every NB, and he’s always kind enough to pretend he remembers me.  Always makes my night♥️

Edited by nsxanax
Spelling & syntax

1 hour ago, BWise said:

Yes this!  Someone please help me understand. Me thinks what they are doing visually is working with what they do musically. If that is the definition of VA.

Correct VA is the orchestration of how things are done musically to visually. The elements & principles of design, clarity of intent, motion & movement, creativity & interpretation of audio. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Flguardman said:

Correct VA is the orchestration of how things are done musically to visually. The elements & principles of design, clarity of intent, motion & movement, creativity & interpretation of audio. 

Yep. The word mentioned earlier “cohesion”. Tough thing to achieve in 10-11 minutes  with so much going on with the story. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Yep. The word mentioned earlier “cohesion”. Tough thing to achieve in 10-11 minutes  with so much going on with the story. 

Very much so! 

• Like 1