Carolina Crown 2023

You know, it’s amazing how much they’ve changed in the last week and yet they have cleaned it *so much* that’s like the fourth new ending and it looks like it’s been in for a while. Makes me wonder how long all of these changes were being worked on in rehearsal before they went in in a show. 

• Like 4

Love the standing ovation Crown got as soon as the crown snapped in to place. 

• Like 3

Sad I missed the show. I guess I’ll have to wait until Friday. 

I’m sure I’ve read this suggestion elsewhere, earlier in the season, but the first thing that came into my mind this a.m:

They’re going find a way to implement Excalibur next Saturday night…

p6khYLM.jpg#SwordtotheTOP

Edited by nsxanax
Inclusion
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Love the standing ovation Crown got as soon as the crown snapped in to place. 

The crowd ate it up, that’s for sure.   The (large) woman in back of me sort of lost her balance as she jumped up and sort of partially landed on my head.   I avoided injury thanks to my cat like reflexes.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, wigwam said:

The crowd ate it up, that’s for sure.   The (large) woman in back of me sort of lost her balance as she jumped up and sort of partially landed on my head.   I avoided injury thanks to my cat like reflexes.  

PA announcer be like, “Crownie, down. Clean-up needed on row XX…”

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

I’m sure I’ve read this suggestion elsewhere, earlier in the season, but the first thing that came into my mind this a.m:

They’re going find a way to implement Excalibur next Saturday night…

p6khYLM.jpg#SwordtotheTOP

If they figure this out, I’ll pee myself. I was already in tears last night when the guard filled in the da*m crown. 😂 

• Like 3

Haven’t loved a show this much since SCV in 2018!  

Still think Crown has more room to improve, especially the section right before the end where they are stretched out to right field. The form isn’t clean as they bring it in and it’s so exposed that it’s noticeable.  If they reconfigured that form and brought it in closer, they’d also have more time to add visual drill going into that pulled cross moment. 

And I’m also still waiting on something from the pulled apart round table. We talked about having images under before. They could have also made them tilt so corps could run on the angled table like BC did that year. 

I think the guard still has more room for growth too.  Last night, there were a number of places they weren’t perfectly together.  If they click and stay close to BAC, it’s gonna be a nail-biter.

Excited to see if they make any more changes or just clean this next week. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

Haven’t loved a show this much since SCV in 2018!  

Still think Crown has more room to improve, especially the section right before the end where they are stretched out to right field. The form isn’t clean as they bring it in and it’s so exposed that it’s noticeable.  If they reconfigured that form and brought it in closer, they’d also have more time to add visual drill going into that pulled cross moment. 

And I’m also still waiting on something from the pulled apart round table. We talked about having images under before. They could have also made them tilt so corps could run on the angled table like BC did that year. 

I think the guard still has more room for growth too.  Last night, there were a number of places they weren’t perfectly together.  If they click and stay close to BAC, it’s gonna be a nail-biter.

Excited to see if they make any more changes or just clean this next week. 

Almost exactly my thoughts .. I saw those guard glitches.. but they are in a great place. The guard running into the Crown feels rushed .. and I think there might be more there.  
I had also hoped they would activate the table halves somehow.  They basically pull to the thirties and sit…. definitely tipping up would help but that’s a big change  .. 

I like that there is room to clean and grow more .. the BAC show seems to be maxed out but .. and on Flo high cam the ocean flyover looks rushed and a bit “we gotta add something”. As friend told me .. they are over laying now. 

Pretty good to be basically tied for 2nd. 

Edited by BWise
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

You know, it’s amazing how much they’ve changed in the last week and yet they have cleaned it *so much* that’s like the fourth new ending and it looks like it’s been in for a while. Makes me wonder how long all of these changes were being worked on in rehearsal before they went in in a show. 

I think the changes have been in rehearsal for a while.  Crown set maybe pre Murfreesboro.. I would love to see a silk fill the Crown like Inferno but bigger. Fill the Crown. I also like the idea of the guard being the sword 🗡️ in the Crown. 

• Like 3