Carolina Crown 2023

1 minute ago, nsxanax said:

Looks like you’re our “boots on the ground” in Indy.

Have a great experience, and please provide us as much on scene color & analysis as time permits.

You certainly picked an auspicious season to make the trek!👑🗡️🤞👍

I’ve actually been to Indy every year since it’s been here. I’ll report out as much as I can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I’ve actually been to Indy every year since it’s been here. I’ll report out as much as I can.

Excellent. Better a seasoned vet than a wide-eyed newbie.♠️

21 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

I think there's a chance at first depending on how the percussion handle themselves and how well they clean across the board. Effect can come from cleanliness. 

With the exception of this past week, I have felt Crown’s percussion has been undervalued by judges. Hopefully the past week shows judges are finally crediting them appropriately. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

Just arrived in Indy. Looking forward to finally seeing the corps live three nights in a row, especially Crown. They need to come out and have a really strong run tomorrow night and leave no doubt..

Lucky you!  Wish I was there too.   Will be looking forward to your eyes on report! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Todays the day when most people make their way to Indy. Anyone planning on stopping by rehearsal?

Okay, first, I have been wanting to say this all season:  I love your avatar, and I love that character and love that show.

Second, I am here, and still trying to decide if I go to rehearsal tomorrow, or go and catch some of the early shows.  But definitely planning on catching ensemble Fri and Sat.

If anyone has rehearsal schedule, please share.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

With the exception of this past week, I have felt Crown’s percussion has been undervalued by judges. Hopefully the past week shows judges are finally crediting them appropriately. 

Agreed. Okay yeah the best in DCI but certainly not bad

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I agree. It's like they couldn't figure it out because of how the book is written. A lot of nuance and little bits could easily be missed on the field without on field judges. I'm hoping that the recent trend will continue through Indy!

12 minutes ago, runyancm said:

Okay, first, I have been wanting to say this all season:  I love your avatar, and I love that character and love that show.

Second, I am here, and still trying to decide if I go to rehearsal tomorrow, or go and catch some of the early shows.  But definitely planning on catching ensemble Fri and Sat.

If anyone has rehearsal schedule, please share.

Grandpa Joe is an amazing character played by an incredible actor. The show definitely wouldn't have been the same without him! 

c7f4e6ba-607b-4a9b-8b7b-6c38c272934e_tex

I'll see if I can find out the schedule for the next 3 days. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2023 at 8:45 PM, Grandpa Joe said:

I thought maybe just a small red silk Arthur can keep in a pocket on the uniforms. Like a handkerchief.

...tasteful...subtle...yet effective. 🙂

• Like 2