Carolina Crown 2023

Anyone else notice that the guard and prop staging is in a large crown in the closer during all of the big fast movement the brass is doing? 

This is just before the brass goes in to the crown set. 

Edited by MadisonBandMan1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

You're right. They are deserving of the silver, and so are Boston and Bluecoats. 

I think DCI doing this medal crap was so stupid. Either you're 1st or your not. Now it puts so much weight on being in the top 3.

When I marched, I would have been elated being 4th, because it would likely mean we would have beaten Cavies, Regiment and Star. Nowadays people act like 4th is the worst thing in the world. It's not.

Ricky Bobby couldn’t have said it better himself. 

Bra-VO!!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I hope it’s 2nd & the Ott & not 4th and Nott..

I reallllllly don’t see Crown losing the Ott. Even 4th seems unlikely but unless they bomb — which ain’t gonna happen — they’re getting the Ott IMO.

• Like 4

I think this has evolved into the best hornline of crowns since 2013. 

My top four crown hornlines are now:

2012, 2013, 2023, and 2018. 

Edited by MadisonBandMan1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

I think this has evolved into the best hornline of crowns since 2013. 

My top four crown hornlines are now:

2012, 2013, 2023, and 2018. 

No Rentless or Inferno?!

Actually, with those years stated, you make a good case👍

‘23s certainly now on my personal, CrownRUSHMORE.

Now, who do I bump…

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Well if one corps is going to win 60% of the time, instead of promoting some sort of parity (which I know is impossible), they just gave out more prizes. 

I'm with you. The activity is boring from a competitive standpoint with one corps winning all the time. That's why if I were in Indy, I would leave every night right after the last corps performed. No point in waiting around for scores unless it was going to be close.

3 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

No Rentless or Inferno?!

Actually, with those years stated, you make a good case👍

‘23s certainly now on my personal, CrownRUSHMORE.

Now, who do I bump…

I personally don’t think the 2016 line was among their best. In fact, of the last 10 years I think it was their weakest. No where near bad, it’s just the others were better 😂. Inferno is my all-time favorite show, and that was a great hornline, however they didn’t quite have the cleanliness and sonority of the lines in my top 4. You might notice that three of those four shows in my top four are heavily orchestral sounds. Extremely well balanced sound with a focus on tonal centers and balance within orchestral chord structures, incredible dynamic control, and pure overtones with a stronger weight in the bass than other lines have (tuba section). The ballad in 2018 is a vast majority of the reason why that line is on my list. These lines handle subtle yet incredible difficulty from a soundscape standpoint with absolute class and clarity. 

For reference, 2015 would be fifth on this list. You might notice by now I have a specific taste in sound 😂. Warm, deep, dark sounds with an emphasis in the low voices. I’m very into orchestral pieces written in minor keys, with dark, mysterious, or very powerful emotional undertones. These lines really pull at my heart strings. 

2013 was just the cleanest hornline to ever touch the field, so of course it would be on my list 😂 

• Like 2

!!! IT’S THE SHOW DAY !!!

👑 LET’S GO CROWN 👑 

👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑

• Like 4