Carolina Crown 2023

8 minutes ago, karuna said:

Hi Crownies 👑. On vacay.  Saw the scores.  Woot!   Range and variety my friends. Said this after the preview.  Saying it again.  Do more things well instead of lots of the same thing well. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wigwam said:

Yes, like they lacked stamina or something.  The power wasn’t there tonight and I agree, the trumpets had a rough time.  

What’s up with that trumped release, it’s the second time it’s happened.  Is it intended?   I hadn’t heard it in prior shows before SA.  If it’s on purpose, it really sounds bad.  

Maybe some of the brass are not feeling well.  

I was at the tail end of their ensemble before the show on Saturday, and the holdover was there in more than one run of the section and was not corrected at all, and it’s been in three shows now. It must be intentional. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BWise said:

Yeah not to be a pain but statistically.. rolling 7 day average 

GE:

BD

BAC

Crown

Bloo

Viz:

BD

BAC

Bloo

Crown 

so kinda off base from just the numbers but you do state in your opinion so fair enough .. 

www.band scores.net 

does all the math for you. Really BAC is the dark horse here .. and they might pull it off. 

Yeah you are looking at the overall GE and overall Vis. I'm talking about each GE individually (the visual GE judges and Music GE judges) and the Vis Analysis and Music Analysis captions. Those are more of the "design" captions that cover the overall visual and music design which is what I was referencing. But again, I haven't looked at the detailed numbers so they could still prove me wrong but I'll stand by my opinion anyways 🤪

36 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

If Crown pops a 93 tonight, I will go buy a baby doll and dress it like King Arthur and launch it onto the field (safely) after their performance at NightBEAT.

Pics or it didn't happen 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sensioto said:

If Crown pops a 93 tonight, I will go buy a baby doll and dress it like King Arthur and launch it onto the field (safely) after their performance at NightBEAT.

CrownMAFIA will be well represented and in attendance. That’s a mighty bold proposition.

I LIKE IT!!
But if you fail to deliver paesan, you sleep with the fishes🕶

Edited by nsxanax
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

I was at the tail end of their ensemble before the show on Saturday, and the holdover was there in more than one run of the section and was not corrected at all, and it’s been in three shows now. It must be intentional. 

Thanks for the info, I guess it must be intentional, I hadn't heard it in earlier shows though.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wigwam said:

in SA, they were 7th in percussion and cadets were 4th.  Tonight they bead Cadets in percussion by a pretty .9

Pretty big swing!  

Do we like J Webb now in this thread? 

• Haha 4