Carolina Crown 2023

28 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Maybe Crown need's Jay Webb to judge percussion on finals night 

I'm a little concern about Crown's percussion, especially after last night. I thought they got lost in parts of the show last night but I was focusing on the brass after hearing all the small changes they put in so I'm going to focus more on the percussion tonight but the guard is killing it.

• Like 3

Alright Crown, keep pushing! Have a great show tonight!

• Like 4

Their finals placement seems hinged on who judges perc that night.  

Also, it could be flo audio, but I hear a certain corps that has often beaten them in brass with a lot of disagreeing articulations in their style.  Maybe said corps sounds more tight live.

30 minutes ago, MBo1974 said:

Their finals placement seems hinged on who judges perc that night.  

Also, it could be flo audio, but I hear a certain corps that has often beaten them in brass with a lot of disagreeing articulations in their style.  Maybe said corps sounds more tight live.

This is the Crown thread, you can openly talk about which corps you are referring to. Being vague just comes off as stirring the pot

16 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This is the Crown thread, you can openly talk about which corps you are referring to. Being vague just comes off as stirring the pot

BD.  They're fantastic and if they win it will be earned this year.  But on Flo last night, I hear a good bit of lacking clarity in articulation and note lengths, especially in the smaller section features.

• Like 2

Yo .. it’s toasty. Of course the Crown merch booth has a mile long line. (The only one) 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MBo1974 said:

BD.  They're fantastic and if they win it will be earned this year.  But on Flo last night, I hear a good bit of lacking clarity in articulation and note lengths, especially in the smaller section features.

I appreciate what BDs do but there was a lot lacking last night …Guard was really messy. VP was really messy. And honestly Boston and Crown are pushing their brass line. So .. there is a tiny crack for someone but I don’t see it this year. Meanwhile the race for Silver will be an epic wild ride. That is the real intrigue this year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCIFan2022 said:

What you buying? Stay hydrated friend!!!! 

I already have my swag for the year .. just an observation .. Crown is still a darling down South. 

• Like 1