Brief survey if you attended DCI Finals Saturday

5:15pm at stadium and 6:35 thru the gates. 

at some point the just started funneling people thru. No clear bag policy being enforced when we went thru security. 

I think our situation was an anomaly. We walked back from supper at Harry and Izzy's (YUM!) and planned to go in then. It was about 4:15-4:30 and we saw the huge line -- from the East gate, around past Payton's statue, and starting down the West gate side. We decided to go to our room first and go back later -- hopefully after things had improved.

About 30 minutes later, we tried again but went to the South Gate where the Vols enter (pit warmup side) but you needed an armband to enter there. So we went on around to the East gate. There were about 3 Express lines (no bags) that maybe had 100-200 people in line each. We cut thru to the first non-Express line and walked to the end, expecting it to wind around the stadium. It didn't -- it went straight down the steps and ended at the street -- about 75 people. There were two more non-Express lines to the right and both of them went around the stadium to the North.

I think they had just opened our line maybe a few minutes before. The folks in the long lines didn't know about the shorter one until they got where they could see it and by that time their remaining wait would have been the same.

So: In line about 5PM
In thru the doors about 5:15-5:20.

(For those who have never been to LOS, we talk about East Gate, West Gate, etc, but each side of the building has maybe 20 or more security stations where you enter, not just a single gate.)

1) Lined up approx:  5:15pm

2) Entered approx:  6:10pm  

But this is not the first time that we've had entrance issue through only one gate & minimal scanners.  

It also happened to me at Murfreesboro. (I didn't hear the announcement but think they delayed 30-40 minutes?) There were only 3-4 scanners when they opened.  When they realized they were in trouble, they added for a total of 6-7.  I think the home side at MTSU was a sell out.   

According to social media posts. I think it happened twice at two Texas venues as well.  I know one was Denton.  And it's not the venue issue; it's a DCI issue.

There were also seat & row issues at the Muncie & Tupelo shows. How can you be that ill prepared?    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

Got there at 5:30 and saw the mass humanity.  We stood in awe thinking the lines would begin to move.  Finally got in line at 5:45 and in just in time to watch Troopers. However, we watched by standing against a wall in an aisle.  

Not really responding to the survey (I wasn't there), and I know this won't help anyone feel any better, but... I've witnessed this problem more and more at various sporting sporting facilities over the last few years, including LOS at the BOA super regional (there wasn't a huge backup in the morning, but the workers were late, seemed short staffed, and untrained).

There are several reasons for long lines and waits to get in: understaffing, lack of training, and increasing security rules. 

The bag checks and rules on what can be brought in are so strict now, people should just assume you can't carry anything in (sorry ladies, no purses).

And for places that don't have walkthrough metal detectors, and hand-held metals detectors are used, heaven help you, it's outright tedious (thanks St Louis dome).

Also workers typically have no sense of urgency in getting people through quickly.