Phantom Regiment 2023

59 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

A bent leg step...

Nicely played. A beer and a cigar to you, sir!

10 hours ago, DudleytheWest said:

Regiment looked phenomenal tonight. Whether they place 6th or 9th come finals this is still a step in the right direction.

You know that ending is going to be a wedge. It’s fan service, but who cares! The stadiums erupt when they do it. Would be a nice joining of the past and present. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DudleytheWest said:

Don’t let stupid people confuse you. Remember, 99% of people on here have little clue what they are talking about.

I'm not sure DCP would allow 99% of its users to all change their screen names to TheOneWhoKnowsDiddlySquat. ( said with a tip of the hat to TheOneWhoKnows) 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Haha 3

Congrats on a great show last night!  Beautifully designed, played, and performed.  Very clean already. Definitely a package that has potential to make a run to the top spots.  Id say this could easily place anywhere between 1 to 6 depending on the other corps’ productions on the field. 

12 hours ago, college-phan said:

I gotta admit, I’m a bit confused where this idea that this show doesn’t have a lot of growth potential is coming from? Unless I just missed whole sections of the show, there was plenty of evidence that the show as it is right now is the foundation for whatever it’s going to be in August. Be it choreography, music, drill, etc., it seems to me that it’s been created in a way that it’d be easy to change or add on things later on into the season. I think some people are just shocked about how starkly different this is from Phantom’s normal style (and even last year’s show), so that’s how they’re grappling with it? Idk. How is everyone viewing this?

It’s already a very well designed and clean package. I think that’s what people mean. Not a lot of places they could drastically improve.

I think there’s still a lot of room for growth, especially around the use of props to even better reinforce for their theme.  

Overall, I love it. If they make smart changes and play the judging game, it could easily jump anywhere into the top 5, including top spot. No lie. The potential is there if all the factors align. 

33 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

Idk I hope so, but maybe they will move on from that tradition as well?

I don’t know. It costs them nothing in terms of points and it gets a lot of crowd approval. To me it has always been like the final seal of approval from the corps, like, “what did ya think of that, huh?”

• Like 1

Yeah, its traditionally been one of those things like the kick halt they add toward the end of the season once they've 'earned' it by cleaning to a degree they're ready to put some flourishes in.  

• Like 1