Phantom Regiment 2023

7 hours ago, PRomoter said:

The year they did Turandot their scores just kept moving them up and up in the rankings. We went to see them in Charlotte a couple of weeks before finals. They were in 5th, then moved up 2 spots to end in 3rd. When they have a winning show they tend to run wide open through finals. 

That year was easily the cleanest I've ever seen and heard a Regiment corps, and maybe the cleanest drum corps I've ever seen, early in the season.

9 hours ago, regimentlvr said:

What’s a reasonable gap this early to close? I’m curious to everyone’s thoughts on this. 

My thoughts is that it depends on captions. When you lo9k at them, Crown was a solid 1 in every category.  PR was 2-3, implying they are competing against Bluestars more than Crown. That could change though. They have a wonderful show!  

3 hours ago, NewArpege said:

My thoughts is that it depends on captions. When you lo9k at them, Crown was a solid 1 in every category.  PR was 2-3, implying they are competing against Bluestars more than Crown. That could change though. They have a wonderful show!  

Crown’s style, which is less bottom-heavy and has percussion that is tuned higher is always less muddy than PR. I prefer the symphonic sound PR has, but it will never be as clean as Crown. It also seems Crown gets their uniforms and visual program, including props, to match the same philosophy. They are higher, tighter and cleaner. It’s as much their “thing” as PR’s thing is “lush and beautiful.” Anyhow, that’s the way I see it. Roast me. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PRomoter said:

Crown’s style, which is less bottom-heavy and has percussion that is tuned higher is always less muddy than PR. I prefer the symphonic sound PR has, but it will never be as clean as Crown. It also seems Crown gets their uniforms and visual program, including props, to match the same philosophy. They are higher, tighter and cleaner. It’s as much their “thing” as PR’s thing is “lush and beautiful.” Anyhow, that’s the way I see it. Roast me. 

Maybe.  PR has put on some lovely shows over the years. I love their bottom-heavy sound. 

My point for now though to close that 2.5 pt gap with Crown they have to be beating them in some captions and they didn’t yet. It looks more like they are competing against Bluestar in the captions. They could spin it around though. And I’d absolutely welcome it!  They’ve got an amazing show this year. 

• Like 1

Anxious to see what’s been tweaked since Muncie. I wasn’t expecting the salute change from night before last….but I liked it. Seems fitting. Layer,layer,layer.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Anxious to see what’s been tweaked since Muncie. I wasn’t expecting the salute change from night before last….but I liked it. Seems fitting. Layer,layer,layer.

Yes! LOVED the new salute!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Not sure exactly when they’ll be added, but I’m hearing about some bigger changes that are in the pipeline. There’s one thing that I’m especially eager to see incorporated. It’ll probably be a little bit unpopular with some on here, but I think it’ll be a net positive with the way they’re planning on doing it. Personally, I’m an huge fan of this one specifically. Exciting things on the way!

Edited by college-phan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, college-phan said:

Not sure exactly when they’ll be added, but I’m hearing about some bigger changes that are in the pipeline. There’s one thing that I’m especially eager to see incorporated. It’ll probably be a little bit unpopular with some on here, but I think it’ll be a net positive with the way they’re planning on doing it. Personally, I’m an huge fan of this one specifically. Exciting things on the way!

When do they add the 🦕 🦖?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2