Phantom Regiment 2023

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

That was Legends with the Grid show.   Was awesome.  

Ah right the Tron theme.  There was another one one year that did toxic and filled the field with green.  But not lights I don’t think.

Anyone else reading the full recaps? Looks like percussion is going to be a challenge for them this season. I am not a strong enough percussionist to pick things apart at this level, so I’m not able to hear what the issues might be. Are they just a young group, or is it something else? On the recordings, such as they are, they seem a little buried at times, but I’m not educated enough to know. Percussion, even when I was teaching 30 years ago, is a different world. I always hired someone who knew that world. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, billj said:

Was thinking of that, too. SCV had lights on their uniform in... 2015? Not impactful under a well-lit LOS. 

Interesting.  Didn’t realize that. Opens up a bunch of possibilities if someone figures out how to make it work under stadium lighting. 

11 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

Anyone else reading the full recaps? Looks like percussion is going to be a challenge for them this season. I am not a strong enough percussionist to pick things apart at this level, so I’m not able to hear what the issues might be. Are they just a young group, or is it something else? On the recordings, such as they are, they seem a little buried at times, but I’m not educated enough to know. Percussion, even when I was teaching 30 years ago, is a different world. I always hired someone who knew that world. 

Dunno on that.  It could have been a rough night for them.  But percussion is stacked. There's some corps below them with excellent lines (i.e. troopers) and it will depend on how they stack up against the competition around them and the read of the day from the judge.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh and 

“i march with Phantom 'cause i blow things up!”

What’s wrong with that?  They were once known for causing “structure damage.” 

1 minute ago, Land_Surfer said:

nothing wrong with it at all. 😉

41 minutes ago, Land_Surfer said:

In ‘92 we did a standstill in a gym and made insulation start falling from the ceiling.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

PR was outstanding tonight. Need to get the percussion straightened out if we hope to compete with the big boys. It’s not my style of show but it is incredible and fun to watch. So proud of this group. 

I think they will pull percussion up to snuff. This show is amazing!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, year1buick said:

In ‘92 we did a standstill in a gym and made insulation start falling from the ceiling.

Same happened in the practice room of the old Roosevelt school building, in Rockford, during the ‘91 pre-season.  Structure damage!  

Edited by Land_Surfer
  • Like 2