Phantom Regiment 2023

My problem with the closer (pre-changes) was, (IMO) it started, kinda resolved, then started again and it felt disjointed and abrupt. But what do I know? I would like it to be more of a start and build all they way through to a glorious ending, WITHOUT a drum break in the middle!

52 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

My problem with the closer (pre-changes) was, (IMO) it started, kinda resolved, then started again and it felt disjointed and abrupt. But what do I know? I would like it to be more of a start and build all they way through to a glorious ending, WITHOUT a drum break in the middle!

I'm with you completely. Always figured it was temporary, but who knows.

16 hours ago, college-phan said:

Can confirm.

Also, changes are always going to be a little bit unsettling, regardless of them being good or bad. Just the nature of both the audience and performers getting acclimated to newness.

I think hardcore dci fans have a weird perspective on these things. For most people, the changes aren't unsettling because there aren't any changes for them. For these people, it is their first and possibly only viewing of the show

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rocketman said:

My guess.....and it's just a guess, is that the drum break in the middle is a space filler for new drill. That being said, I have NOT seen the changes to actually get counts and think through it. But if they've added some different velocity AND a new battery feature, it kinda fits.

Also, as the battery gets cleaner, putting them up front for some judge exposure makes perfect sense. The only thing I fear is the cleaning. It's a flip of the coin. If you expose yourself and you're not as clean as the 4 or 5 lines above you and you're REAL close to the 2 lines below you score wise, you're playing with fire. There are a #### ton of fantastic batteries this season and some pretty darn good front ensembles. I think Aged Out Podcast said 10 out 12 returning vets for Bluecoats as an example. Cavies pit is also really well balanced and written. 

I dunno. Just a thought. Having never marched PR, I don't know how much space they save in the 2nd half of the tour for new stuff like adding X number of counts of drill, drum break, guard moments etc. But in general, what i said before it makes sense at least to me. But I'm a drummer so......

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

My guess.....and it's just a guess, is that the drum break in the middle is a space filler for new drill. That being said, I have NOT seen the changes to actually get counts and think through it. But if they've added some different velocity AND a new battery feature, it kinda fits.

Also, as the battery gets cleaner, putting them up front for some judge exposure makes perfect sense. The only thing I fear is the cleaning. It's a flip of the coin. If you expose yourself and you're not as clean as the 4 or 5 lines above you and you're REAL close to the 2 lines below you score wise, you're playing with fire. There are a #### ton of fantastic batteries this season and some pretty darn good front ensembles. I think Aged Out Podcast said 10 out 12 returning vets for Bluecoats as an example. Cavies pit is also really well balanced and written. 

I dunno. Just a thought. Having never marched PR, I don't know how much space they save in the 2nd half of the tour for new stuff like adding X number of counts of drill, drum break, guard moments etc. But in general, what i said before it makes sense at least to me. But I'm a drummer so......

Having marched PR or not, or even whether you’ve followed them for decades, everything is so new with them this year, who knows what’s in store? This is a brand new Regiment. I wouldn’t put anything past them right now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

Having marched PR or not, or even whether you’ve followed them for decades, everything is so new with them this year, who knows what’s in store? This is a brand new Regiment. I wouldn’t put anything past them right now. 

Yes!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

No score movement tonight. 

Which is a real head scratcher since they finished in the rain last night. Very little score movement for BS also.