How did Flo do this (Finals) week…

So took the Flo plunge for the past month thinking I’d check out DCI after few years off. Live on east coast and an early riser so caught part of later shows. 
Ok fine I’ll binge watch this past week (so I thought). Ended up being a busy second half of the week and didn’t even turn on the tv much let alone to watch DCI. 
And last night… lady friend took me out for birthday dinner and we sat and talked for quite a while. Went home and went to bed…. So saw nothing of Finals but not complaining.

So how was Flo during Championships week? Guess I’ll shoot for 2023.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, On the 50 said:

The replay of Finals just started a few minutes ago (over 90 minutes late).

I really wish the replays gave some indication of the current time. Since they aren't even starting replays on time it would be nice to know the schedule for today rather than what the schedule was yesterday

Overall: this was my first season subscribed to Flo, and it beat my expectations and feel it was a worthwhile investment. I'm grateful to have seen so many shows and watch every corps evolve throughout the season.

Production/Editing: I can't speak to this as I stuck to high cam every show this season except Semis and Finals. My only feedback is pick a shot [between the 10 yardlines] and keep it there, no need to zoom in/out.

Streaming Performance: thankfully I didn't experience even a fraction of the usual suspects talked about here. This past week I caught the bulk of Prelims, Semifinals, and all of Finals, and had no sound issues [except Bloo's Semis' performance], and almost no visual issues either. Last night there were a few hiccups where picture on my TV would freeze 3-4 seconds, but on my iPad from where I was streaming there was no disruption: that points to a network issue in my home, not a Flo issue.

I will be keeping my subscription.

Edited by arabica

I felt they did good for Finals. You could definitely tell someone else was in charge of the multiple video cameras in Indy versus the past events in Allentown and Atlanta. 

Great over here on the Left Side, Jim - just a few very brief freezes and fuzzy screens but nothing that detracted from the overall experience.  the problems we had were probably more related to our poor internet connection, not Flo.

the only irritating weirdness was due to the show stalling at the beginning because of the crowd backup trying to get into LOS, but again, that wasn't Flo.

Went to Big Loud Live. Only issue was a minor sound quality drop during Bloo and only Bloo. Wasn't too bad, just sounded a little static. Maybe it was just my theater, or some theater staff knew I was coming and decided to do a lil trollin'

• Like 1

Finals week coverage, while webcasted on Flo, is handled by Tom Blair and his team.  They've been doing it for untold years and they have a bunch more cameras etc. at their disposal.  So the production quality was there.  

There seemed to be some bandwidth/compression issues early on Friday and Bluecoats had major audio issues on Thursday night.  Whose fault that is, who knows?

Finals were almost perfect in terms of production and transmission quality.  I might have had pixellation once in the entire show.  

• Like 1

I had my issues with camera shots all season, but the tech never failed me. And i was very happy with all three days of finals. I feel i got my money’s worth.