How did Flo do this (Finals) week…

I'm glad that the high cam for finals actually adjusted to the parts of the field actually in use. That was my biggest complaint with the Allentown broadcast, corps would be between the 30s and the high cam was still endzone to endzone so it made it harder to see everything

• Like 1

It was VERY clear during DCI week that the multi-cam shots were VERY deliberately chosen. Audio was better than regular season but still not ideal (they tended to mix the pit speaker mics too heavily, IMO, which misrepresented what corps’ mix sounded like in person). I did find it odd that the high camera resolution seemed POORER than that of the regular season shows. It had more of a broadcast quality look to it, but the clarity was poorer. But overall, I can’t really complain about the job Flo did for DCI week. 

55 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

I'm glad that the high cam for finals actually adjusted to the parts of the field actually in use. That was my biggest complaint with the Allentown broadcast, corps would be between the 30s and the high cam was still endzone to endzone so it made it harder to see everything

Big thing for me as I like the smaller corps. More interesting IMO to see what can be done with less resources .

Will be interesting to see how Box5 handles the Class A (smaller corps) for DCA. My background is Sr corps so if anyone wants to feed me that weekend they can bring the food over. And be prepared to eat in the living room…. 😆

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So took the Flo plunge for the past month thinking I’d check out DCI after few years off. Live on east coast and an early riser so caught part of later shows. 
Ok fine I’ll binge watch this past week (so I thought). Ended up being a busy second half of the week and didn’t even turn on the tv much let alone to watch DCI. 
And last night… lady friend took me out for birthday dinner and we sat and talked for quite a while. Went home and went to bed…. So saw nothing of Finals but not complaining.

So how was Flo during Championships week? Guess I’ll shoot for 2023.

Thursday sucked. Friday and Saturday much better, especially Saturday.

30 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Thursday sucked. Friday and Saturday much better, especially Saturday.

Oh well I had a nice dinner while the webcast was on Saturday. Lower Allen Diner and they didn’t care we hung out in the booth until closing time. 
Even had a booth where we couldn’t see the “dueling TV sets” (one has Fox and other has CNN). At least the sound is off.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Oh well I had a nice dinner while the webcast was on Saturday. Lower Allen Diner and they didn’t care we hung out in the booth until closing time. 
Even had a booth where we couldn’t see the “dueling TV sets” (one has Fox and other has CNN). At least the sound is off.

Lower Allen Diner is close enough for me to walk to!  Good stuff!

• Like 1

i have enjoyed the shows all season, there were so many!!

my fantasy is that some day flo will get a camera in a lower seat that’s catches almost exclusively all the color guard action : )

as much as i truly appreciate flo, the folks posting to you tube sometimes do better jobs because they catch more of the field in a lower position in the stands, just my personal preference 

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So took the Flo plunge for the past month thinking I’d check out DCI after few years off. Live on east coast and an early riser so caught part of later shows. 
Ok fine I’ll binge watch this past week (so I thought). Ended up being a busy second half of the week and didn’t even turn on the tv much let alone to watch DCI. 
And last night… lady friend took me out for birthday dinner and we sat and talked for quite a while. Went home and went to bed…. So saw nothing of Finals but not complaining.

BILLING ALERT  --  BILLING ALERT!

If you purchased or signed up monthly, you need to go into your account under subscriptions to cancel by the next monthly cycle. (They give you the date you'll be charged for another month.)

I watched some of the replays in my Indy room & seemed better than earlier in the summer.  They had sound level issues early in the season.  

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

One other tip: early in the season when I had buffering issues, I went outside & adjusted my tv antenna.  (didn't work) 😂 

• Haha 2