Blue Devils in the Details 2023

Props, to me, seem to be the wall from Ghostlight used in pieces of varied colors. 

• Like 2

Full show is up. Interesting indeed! Very BD. The guard book this year is super ambitious, wow. 

• Like 3

I have always been honest with BD. Some years I appreciate the craft but don’t personally love the show.  (2021, 2019, 2018).  

Other years I am absolutely in love with both.  (2017, 2015, 2014).  

This year is the latter.  Love these bones and we all know they only layer better than most.  This is going to be a fun one. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Ballad’s floating around too. More uptempo than I expected! Gonna be pretty great. 

A guard member told us this was their sixth or seventh musical iteration. The members apparently are asked to learn very quickly in order to adjust to changes. Ballad, including staging, isn't likely to remain the same even at Vista.

• Like 3

On 6/17/2023 at 7:43 PM, DWW11 said:

https://fb.watch/le6C76UcxQ/?mibextid=l2pjGR

a different view?  This seems more clear to me. I believe these will pop color all over the field. Great for GE. 

According to a member, the uniforms are literally "cut-outs" from past year's uniforms. BIts and pieces are visible from Tempus Blue (the black sewn floral patterns on the waist sash, blue Sevine sleeves and gloves), Ghostlight (bright yellow FMJ sleeves, vertical sash that "cut" through downwards to form the tail), perhaps more than someone with more history would spot. Quite a pallet of a throwback.

Edited by resipsaloquitur
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Watched a few videos on YouTube. There's a high cam vid of the entire performance, but it's blurry and not great audio so it doesn't really offer a good read into the show. The 2 minute clip of the JoJo segment, however, is HOT HOT HOT! I'm obsessed with it, especially the last 30 seconds. I can jam out to that high brass triple tonguing on top of that low brass riff all day long!

I was a BD hater up until about 3 years ago. I'm so glad I'm not anymore, because drum corps is so much more fun on the other side!

LFGBD!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, WarriorWay said:

The brass is LOUD! I am not BD expert but dang they are really packing a punch!   

Brass is usually louder at higher altitudes.  One thing I came away with that short video, the BD drill looks like similar drills from over the years.  Most corps are in the same boat.  Jog/run to another set up, parade/box formations, follow the leader, etc.  It's got to be challenging for drill writers to come up with new moves, especially with props.

16 minutes ago, resipsaloquitur said:

According to a member, the uniforms are literally "cut-outs" from past year's uniforms. BIts and pieces are visible from Tempus Blue (the black sewn floral patterns on the waist sash), Ghostlight (bright yellow FMJ sleeves, vertical sash that "cut" through downwards to form the tail), and Metamorph (blue Savine sleeves). Quite a pallet of a throwback.

IMG-4027.jpg

Interestingly great idea.. I can now see all the pieces.. even the blue upper body part looks like from cabaret voltaire

9 minutes ago, An_drew said:

I was a BD hater up until about 3 years ago. I'm so glad I'm not anymore, because drum corps is so much more fun on the other side!

LFGBD!

Welcome to the Dark Side my friend. 

At your earliest convenience, stop by and visit @DWW11 she will give you a pamphlet on how to deal with online trolls as a supporter of BD.

Also make sure to stop by one of our many locations and see @saxfreq1128and @theonlyfizzle so they can give you a lifetime supply of "Hater Be Gone Repellent." It's great year around, but works best from June to August. 

Our BD Fanbase President @Cappybara is currently on vacation, but feel free to contact him anytime if you need a awesome meme or gif to shut down any and all trolls. 

Enjoy your stay!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

I think the uniforms look pretty bad when just standing there, but I expect they will look absolutely AMAZING when in motion on the field. And I'm sure Scott Chandler planned exactly for that.

• Like 1