Blue Devils in the Details 2023

FYI in case people missed it, there’s an awesome video on TikTok of Cody Fry rocking out to BD’s opener (arranged from his song “Caves”). It’s kind of heartwarming — reminds me of Jacob Collier being so warm toward BD throughout the season last year, which was also thanks to TikTok.  

Somewhat ironically, his response stitches a Wyoming showoff video that’d been posted by a certain TikTok account that no longer exists as of today thanks to a certain super secretive corps. This is a good example of why the secrecy might sometimes work against us — this activity reaches so many more people if we encourage this stuff rather than shutting it down, IMHO. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

FYI in case people missed it, there’s an awesome video on TikTok of Cody Fry rocking out to BD’s opener (arranged from his song “Caves”). It’s kind of heartwarming — reminds me of Jacob Collier being so warm toward BD throughout the season last year, which was also thanks to TikTok.  

Somewhat ironically, his response stitches a Wyoming showoff video that’d been posted by a certain TikTok account that no longer exists as of today thanks to a certain super secretive corps. This is a good example of why the secrecy might sometimes work against us — this activity reaches so many more people if we encourage this stuff rather than shutting it down, IMHO. 

I’ve never understood the preseason secrecy that certain corps choose to partake in. It’s highly excessive and like you said, reduces engagement with the general population 

• Like 3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Looking good in a new run through that’s up. The post-ballad half of the show is definitely a work in progress. 

The cg has added yet more tosses that weren’t there on family day. Last year during finals week, their achv score was > the content score on 2/3 nights (at quarters they were equal) and you can tell they don’t want that to happen again, because content scores are really what made them lose to BAC; BD got the highest guard score on finals night and surpassed BAC in achv on a prior night. It‘s gonna be an interesting season!! 

That brass seems LOUD. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Looking good in a new run through that’s up. The post-ballad half of the show is definitely a work in progress. 

The cg has added yet more tosses that weren’t there on family day. Last year during finals week, their achv score was > the content score on 2/3 nights (at quarters they were equal) and you can tell they don’t want that to happen again, because content scores are really what made them lose to BAC; BD got the highest guard score on finals night and surpassed BAC in achv on a prior night. It‘s gonna be an interesting season!! 

That brass seems LOUD. 

Oh maaaaan! they know what they have to do. I saw it too and oh maaaaaaaaan! like what a season, what a show, i am liking the how this is going to developed.

• Like 4

On 6/28/2023 at 4:12 PM, saxfreq1128 said:

Follow the kids. I've seen so many people comment on corps personal tiktoks that are engaging the crowd how they want to audition for them because they do put stuff out. It's the easiest way to recruit nowadays. 

• Like 3

I have never been lucky enough to catch these clips on social media. Atuff is always taken down by the time i get there!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

I have never been lucky enough to catch these clips on social media. Atuff is always taken down by the time i get there!

I’ll DM you next time. 

• Thanks 1

I'm (not) looking forward to the part of the tour where I'm fighting to stay awake in the Eastern time zone in order to see the Blue Devils on Flo...heh.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Hush

• Haha 1