Blue Devils in the Details 2023

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Cincinnati scores make me all the more confident about BD running away undefeated this season. Happy to be wrong, but I said the same thing last season and wasn’t wrong about that either

The only prediction out of 1000 made that makes sense, 

22 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I am not concerned about BDs closer. They do this to us all the time. Give us a bare bones closer in June/early July, make us question it, then they beef it up and the rest is history. 

How they changed Fellini's closer into a masterpiece in 2014..........................unleashing Clara on the world in the 2015 closer........................Meta "Morphing" that ending into one of the greatest closer's we have ever seen in 2017.....................the final changes to Ghostlight....................and even last year's closer evolving into an awesome ending. 

This year's closer will be just fine when it's all said and done. 

It’s definitely gonna change, just waiting for that before I get too confident haha. 

I also don’t really want them or anyone to go undefeated this season — it’s not that kinda season, IMO

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

It’s definitely gonna change, just waiting for that before I get too confident haha. 

I also don’t really want them or anyone to go undefeated this season — it’s not that kinda season, IMO

Agreed. I don't think anyone goes unbeaten this year. 

• Like 2

I didn’t know this until today, but BD’s battery tributes SCV this year. In the lot video that BD posted on Youtube about 2 hours ago, you see it at around the 4:11 mark.  

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I didn’t know this until today, but BD’s battery tributes SCV this year. In the lot video that BD posted on Youtube about 2 hours ago, you see it at around the 4:11 mark.  

They sure did! Freaking awesome showing love to SCV!

• Like 3

I've not renewed my FLO membership yet, so I've not seen the midwest/eastern corps.  I did go to San Bernardino and Concord was phenomenal!  It was only July 2nd.  I can't imagine anyone beating them this year ever.  Not with the staff they have.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, NakedEye said:

Yep. It's the design quality again. The Blue Two are in another realm. That Bluecoats could be right with them on show #1 (with phasing), while the others were on show #4 (I think?) was a pretty strong statement. Very exciting to see how these two wondrously creative shows evolve.

BCs show this year seems overdesigned like Crown last year or 2019 SCV. It’s got multiple tarps, platforms, standing figurines that turn into a church, a greenhouse, a stage, butterflies, black butterflies, women in black veils, etc.  It becomes too much of a good thing and unfocused visually. Meanwhile, BD has consistent design discipline and they pick 1 or 2 simple prop choices and wrap their show around it. 

All that said, I think it’s very possible BC is going to hit a ceiling with their show and fall to 4th bc adding more to their show makes it even more visually muddy. Crown, BAC, and BD won’t have that problem and will be able to grow more in GE than BC can potentially add. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Agreed. I don't think anyone goes unbeaten this year. 

BD is definitely the best right now; they aren’t so dominant that they aren’t unbeatable.

Crowns leadership has been very strategic this year:  tight concept that stands out compared to other shows recently, a show with high GE growth potential, drill that can be executed with perfection, music that is already clean and can be easily made more difficult, and increased competitiveness in guard and percussion. This means they aren’t a one trick pony banking a win on dominant music capabilities alone for the first time in many years.  I wouldn’t count them out as their ability to compete across captions now put them in a spot to make upward moves. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Cincinnati scores make me all the more confident about BD running away undefeated this season. Happy to be wrong, but I said the same thing last season and wasn’t wrong about that either

I definitely walked away from the Cincinnati show with a different take than many on here as well it seems ... the top 4 will not remain close for long.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 3