Blue Devils in the Details 2023

3 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Correct. One was sent home.

No announcement was made of the decision regarding the quad player. We do not know if they were dismissed or voluntarily stepped down/out. So this is technically misinformation.

1 minute ago, DFA1970 said:

Ok....

You can see more info about it on this thread that has been locked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

No announcement was made of the decision regarding the quad player. We do not know if they were dismissed or voluntarily stepped down/out. So this is technically misinformation.

Pretty confident my source at BD that said " he was sent home " did not provide me " misinformation " however.

43 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Emotional conflict, plus the remaining members having to mostly relearn much of the visual show to adjust the spacing, etc. They will bounce back soon.

This!  I hadn’t even considered the emotional toll this week must have taken on them. 😔 If anyone can get them back in the groove, it’s ScoJo and team!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That's unfortunate but appropriate actions have to be taken seriously if this was the case. Thanks for the info. 

12 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

This!  I hadn’t even considered the emotional toll this week must have taken on them. 😔 If anyone can get them back in the groove, it’s ScoJo and team!

And if any of them had the misfortune of encountering the online vigilante trolls who were spamming any and all media BD-related, it would be unsettling, I'm sure. I believe that has been cleaned up/monitored now, so hopefully these immensely talented kids can put it all behind them and contain their focus to the hard work they have been doing for the past six months. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

And if any of them had the misfortune of encountering the online vigilante trolls who were spamming any and all media BD-related, it would be unsettling, I'm sure. I believe that has been cleaned up/monitored now, so hopefully these immensely talented kids can put it all behind them and contain their focus to the hard work they have been doing for the past six months. 

Well said. That goes for all corps. Social media and smart phones go hand in hand. No questions these KIDS are reading stuff online. It's so different when I marched. Mail stops and care packages.....do they still do that? You can venmo money and text family easily. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NakedEye said:

As I encountered some of those comments on various social media, I couldn’t even begin to understand how the the marching members felt seeing them, if they did. I really hope they didn’t. Has ABBDism really gotten so bad that they’re willingly spreading misinformation on something very serious just to try and exacerbate the situation and maybe even will the demise of BD’s success? It’s taken all my willpower not to respond but realized it’s best not to engage with them.

I dunno. Maybe I’m just being dramatic but I’ve never seen such hateful comments before. Perhaps this is just indicative of today’s societal discourse. 

Either way, I really hope this doesn’t affect the members because at the end of the day, it’s about them. And I want them to have the best experience as I did when I marched. ❤️

Edited by Rylan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4