Blue Devils in the Details 2023

22 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

It seems they opted to leave the hole; drill-wise he was center and it looks like adjustments were easy to make. 

So they left room to bring Clara back to ensure the 3-peat. Very smart. 

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

So they left room to bring Clara back to ensure the 3-peat. Very smart. 

Crazy to think it's already been eight years since little Clara jumped out of the book and into our lives. She should be around 18 years old now. Time flies!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Crazy to think it's already been eight years since little Clara jumped out of the book and into our lives. She should be around 18 years old now. Time flies!

Is she a corps member??  That would be cool!

26 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

Is she a corps member??  That would be cool!

I am not sure to be honest. 

BD Alums here could probably answer that.

1 hour ago, NakedEye said:

Worth the wait! It's beautifully done and a wonderful explanation of much of the show. There is no other word for the production other than masterpiece, especially when you see all the tiny details that go by so quickly. The content in all sections is just unreal. 

Wow a big ole 30min episode. Incredible. 

This is really great. The star “bombs” in Icarus being the reason for the Charles de Gaulle audio is very clever. 

Also to the instructor who says “sometimes execution is the most exciting effect in the show” — period! preach, king! 

• Like 4

Also I love that the new vid gives us a glimpse of TJ at work. The guard-cleaning queen!!!

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Wow a big ole 30min episode. Incredible. 

This is really great. The star “bombs” in Icarus being the reason for the Charles de Gaulle audio is very clever. 

Also to the instructor who says “sometimes execution is the most exciting effect in the show” — period! preach, king! 

Well, the "mid-season report" turned into the "7/8ths of the season report," so I would guess they combined several planned segments. I knew about the war section (though not the drumline artillery fire), but the the ballad being about the chapel was a revelation. I think that explains the etherial nature of its opening segment we have been discussing. 

Also great to have an extended bit of the guard tech masters drilling the tiny inconsistencies. 

The joy they ALL have throughout the entire production is so apparent. 

• Like 2