Blue Devils in the Details 2023

On 7/8/2023 at 1:28 PM, Ranitidin said:

Just had my first look at BD 2023. Holy moly, my jaw is on the floor now.

One month-ish later and I need to go to orthodontist because my jaw is still on the floor. Congratulations for the well deserved title, Blue Devils!

Since you've done Fellini (film) and Matisse (painting) maybe let's shift to the literature scene and pull a dark 2024....Edgar Allan Poe-themed show would be nice. 😉

• Like 6

3 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

What blows my mind is how people can watch the show and then write something like this

"Scatter, stand still. Run to a new set, stand still. Move props, stand still. Run to a new set, dance. Scatter again, stand still. Crowd the front side line, stand still. End."

I’ve lost hope of most (but not all) BD critics being remotely objective with their criticisms 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ranitidin said:

One month-ish later and I need to go to orthodontist because my jaw is still on the floor. Congratulations for the well deserved title, Blue Devils!

Since you've done Fellini (film) and Matisse (painting) maybe let's shift to the literature scene and pull a dark 2024....Edgar Allan Poe-themed show would be nice. 😉

Lucky for you, the BD thread has an orthodontist 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

A raven was perched in the midst.

“A what?!”

A RA-VEN A RA-VEN A RA-VEN A RA-VEN …

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I’ve lost hope of most (but not all) BD critics being remotely objective with their criticisms 

BD has their “tropes.” Like them or not.

But to imply their shows are technically uninteresting and/or simplistic is truly absurd.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

What blows my mind is how people can watch the show and then write something like this

"Scatter, stand still. Run to a new set, stand still. Move props, stand still. Run to a new set, dance. Scatter again, stand still. Crowd the front side line, stand still. End."

I can. I was one of those people for years. When you are one of those people you see what you want to see and not what is really there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

BD has their “tropes.” Like them or not.

But to imply their shows are technically uninteresting and/or simplistic is truly absurd.

Exactly! There is no doubt BD has a formula, anyone who is being objective admits that. 

But simplistic or easy… nope. 

• Like 5

I may have just watched “not” the show 6 times in a row. Seeing something new each time. There are so many tiny choreographic moments everywhere that fly by. I was likely too busy screaming when it was live to fully appreciate how epic that run was. My goodness...THE GUARD.

All sections were probably about as spotless as is possible to make them. Simply amazing!

• Like 8