The Cavaliers 2023

32 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Drummers continuing to crush it. Not sure if the rest of the show will allow them to be ranked top 3 in the caption by Finals week, but they're definitely making a statement.

You may be correct. The Cavaliers percussion section is ON FIRE!!!! Definitely one of the best lines out there this summer. I mean...The Cadets have one heck of a percussion section this summer and Cavaliers beat them last night with a 16.9. 

Yeah, huge credit to this drumline, they're killing it. Shoutout to the front ensemble as well, I caught one of their lots earlier this season and they've got a great book, a lot of fun choppy stuff in there. Haven't listened to any perc judge tapes for the past few years but I'd imagine the front ensemble matters more for scores than it used to, with the judges now stuck to the sidelines.

5 hours ago, Waxman said:

Yeah, huge credit to this drumline, they're killing it. Shoutout to the front ensemble as well, I caught one of their lots earlier this season and they've got a great book, a lot of fun choppy stuff in there. Haven't listened to any perc judge tapes for the past few years but I'd imagine the front ensemble matters more for scores than it used to, with the judges now stuck to the sidelines.

Always underrated front. Everyone gives credit to drums mainly but the front can play. 

9 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

You may be correct. The Cavaliers percussion section is ON FIRE!!!! Definitely one of the best lines out there this summer. I mean...The Cadets have one heck of a percussion section this summer and Cavaliers beat them last night with a 16.9. 

Definitely top 3 at the moment. Batteries this season are just stupidly good for being mid-July. I would think the top 5 or 6 lines are VERY close. And the pit is very, very musical. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever

Has anyone noticed that they have not performed as much as usual. but they can still, this year, do a whole lot to improve this show.

Edited by dureau
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dureau said:

Has anyone noticed that they have not performed as much as usual. but they can still, this year, do a whole lot to improve this show.

Way more rehearsals add to the schedule this year.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Way more rehearsals add to the schedule this year.

Something else is they are not posting any brass pit and have stopped posting their fantastic percussion in the pit. In fact they have not posted much at all even on Facebook ever since Lisle. Hum!

are they still using Patreon? I tried go there and didn’t see them anymore. 

Edited by dureau

Whenever the staff is this quiet my brain goes in 2 opposite directions. 1 something is terribly wrong with the show and they are desperately trying to correct it or 2 there is some sort of planned surprise getting ready to hit the field . 

Albeit very small lead they passed the blue stars and troopers tonight. And the percussion was second and very close to blue coats. They are in the top 4 on percussion. 

Edited by dureau

Nice score bump! Welcome to the 80s

• Like 1