The Cavaliers 2023

8 hours ago, Cavidad said:

Wow. Same score in Pittsburg as Allentown. Mandarins in Cincinnati tonight. Will be interesting to see what happens. Percussion is killing it!

Different judges and this is as much art and science. Improvements are being made, but that doesn't always get reflected in the score.

Each day is a new day.

• Like 1

I was pleasantly shocked at the improvement between Centerville and Allentown. Percussion has been killing it for weeks but the drill, horns and guard were so much crisper Friday than just a few nights earlier. As an alum I find this show really emotional from a nostalgia standpoint but also exciting and just flat out entertaining. So pumped to see what they are able to accomplish in this last stretch and am counting the days til I head to Indy to see them live.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, tommynev said:

I was pleasantly shocked at the improvement between Centerville and Allentown. Percussion has been killing it for weeks but the drill, horns and guard were so much crisper Friday than just a few nights earlier. As an alum I find this show really emotional from a nostalgia standpoint but also exciting and just flat out entertaining. So pumped to see what they are able to accomplish in this last stretch and am counting the days til I head to Indy to see them live.

They turned it up once they got to Texas. The energy they had in Tomball was amazing! 

I'm temporarily working overnights (hey, being a boss has certain responsibilities) and I had a thought while I was working... The Cavaliers finished with a score of 90.6 in 2022. And yesterday they finished with a score of 91.6.... they can shock a lot of folks come finals and jump a placement or two. They have already shown an extreme amount of improvement and consistently make me want take eat multiple slices of humble pie. 

• Like 2

They're working hard, Hook'em! I saw them tonight, and they're getting better and better! Lots of little details and they're dialing that percussion section into the perfect spot!

The guard is working hard.

The brass is working hard and sounding good!

Prayers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/6/2023 at 6:32 PM, Waxman said:

Unfortunately all the corps they're trailing in that 5-7 pack played the same night at Allentown and were in a crazy tight .15 spread, so the Cavaliers are still getting talked about like they're on an 8th place island even though they've cut that 3-4 point gap from earlier this season down to 1 or less pretty consistently now. Should be interesting to see how things play out with the 5-8 corps in this last week.

Yeah, three weeks ago I had written the Cavies off. I'm not writting them off. I think Cadets are going to run away with 5th place, but I could see Cavies grabbing #6. Their show is certainly more complex than Regiment's (although I think their show is one of the best designed of the season).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I have some horrible news.... I understand that it's not related to DCI..... but if I'm not completely focused on The Cavaliers this weekend this is why.

If yall remember my posts during Hurricane Harvey, there was a lady that was basically my second mother... she needed help getting out of her apartment as the water started to heavily rise. I swam and did what I could to help her and others in my apartment complex... keep in mind that I have known them for practically my entire life....

She just passed away a couple of hours ago. I don't even know exactly what happened.... but we have chosen the corps song to be played at the funeral. We mean no disrespect... when I moved back to Houston about 10 years ago she provided a roof over my head, listened to me, loved the fact that I'm obsessed with the greatest corps in the planet, and encouraged me to keep fighting for what I love. 

I know she is flying over us.... and I know for a fact she is going to cheer for The Cavaliers this weekend. 

C'mon men! We have to finish extremely strong this Saturday! NO FEAR CAVALIERS!

Sorry for your loss Hook'em. She sounds like a great person. Finish strong Cavies!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I have some horrible news.... I understand that it's not related to DCI..... but if I'm not completely focused on The Cavaliers this weekend this is why.

If yall remember my posts during Hurricane Harvey, there was a lady that was basically my second mother... she needed help getting out of her apartment as the water started to heavily rise. I swam and did what I could to help her and others in my apartment complex... keep in mind that I have known them for practically my entire life....

She just passed away a couple of hours ago. I don't even know exactly what happened.... but we have chosen the corps song to be played at the funeral. We mean no disrespect... when I moved back to Houston about 10 years ago she provided a roof over my head, listened to me, loved the fact that I'm obsessed with the greatest corps in the planet, and encouraged me to keep fighting for what I love. 

I know she is flying over us.... and I know for a fact she is going to cheer for The Cavaliers this weekend. 

C'mon men! We have to finish extremely strong this Saturday! NO FEAR CAVALIERS!

So sorry for your loss. I love your love for The Cavaliers, and what a nice way to honor her with Somewhere over the Rainbow 🌈

• Thanks 1