Madison Scouts 2023

Best of luck to the young men and women that are representing the 2023 Madison Scouts. Thank you for continuing the traditions that have been so important to all of the alumni for decades. We will always have the members backs!!

Give it your all tomorrow and leave it all on the field!! 

MYNWA

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Steven Rocco94 said:

I love how in the 95 show, at the end of the opener, there’s a Granada Smoothie quote!

Never came up with that, but OK. A lot of the same notes for sure. I can’t unsee it now 🙂

This might be a stretch but doesn’t much of the song quote Rhapsody in Blue!? It is an original by an alumnus. He may have had such inspiration. 

Edited by MadScout80

13 hours ago, MikeN said:

This came up in the SCV thread, and it feels like we kind of need to indulge in a little lighthearted nostalgia for Finals week.  

What's your favorite (not best) Madison show?  

For me, it might actually be the 1997 Pirates of Lake Mendota production. It was a little more "serious" musically I think, while still putting a little bit of a jazz twist in places.  Got to see them live that summer, and they brought the house down.  There's just not a dull moment.  

Honorable mention is of course the 1995 Malaga show.  My only gripe is that while they have a kerosene-infused brass and drum line, the ballad (Concerto de Aranjuez) just kills the momentum for me.  I actually think the '96 production was a better set of tunes if you could have swapped out Malaga for Malaguena, but didn't have quite the crispness of the year before.

What's yours?

Mike

5 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

No one has mentioned 1999 yet. Jesus Christ Superstar was fantastic. 

oof. yeah...and 82 also

• Like 2

Fun fact: The Scouts are rehearsing at the old Central State Hospital site, formerly Central Indiana Hospital for the Insane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_State_Hospital_(Indiana)

• Like 1

Please make leadership changes next week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gantang said:

Please make leadership changes next week. 

This will never happen. Chris K will have to retire or he can decide to run Madison well into his old age and stay until he dies.

• Sad 1

Last night, they were only 1.3 points behind a corps that only about a week ago was fiercely in the fight for the 12th place spot. Spirit has a VERY well designed show that flows probably better than any show other than Phantom’s this season. 

Rebuilds take time, I agree with what a previous poster said (was it C Holland?) which is to give this design staff some time to gel and come together. You don’t fire your head coach after the first 1-2 seasons, you’ve got to give them a chance to establish their culture, systems, and philosophies

That isn’t to say some changes shouldn’t be made in certain captions, but the foundation is there 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You don’t fire your head coach after the first 1-2 seasons.

Is there any head coach in any sport that has been a competitive failure every season since 2015 that still has a job? No. That's the whole point.

I can't give a design team a chance when I know how toxic the head of the snake is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vuitton said:

Is there any head coach in any sport that has been a competitive failure every season since 2015 that still has a job? No. That's the whole point.

I can't give a design team a chance when I know how toxic the head of the snake is.

The Cadets had the most toxic "head of the snake" in DCI history and won multiple championships under him. I am talking about the design team here, not CK. When I am saying head coach, I am referring to the design team, not CK. 

I have and will continue to stay out of any conversation talking about him. I am talking about Madison as a whole from a competitive standpoint.