Bluecoats 2023

This is definitely my favorite show this year ! 

Since the Beatles year, they seem to go on the "trippy" side of things and I'm all in for it 

And the layers......so many layers !

Great overall design and a lot of room to grow (pun almost intended)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, frankdave said:

Great overall design and a lot of room to grow (pun almost intended)

Don't be shy! Was just about to post that this show is.... growing on me, I'm happy to say. First read left me underwhelmed, and that made me initially sad. 

Love the corps costumes but the guard costumes only really look good at a distance because of the colors. Luckily they can spin! Just gotta watch their bottom feet on their jumps. Lots of not-extended dangle feet. Something I'm sure my fellow alum in the movement staff can clean up in time for finals. They had me at the black mushrooms. 

Bluecoats, you weirdos. I just love it when you get weird and stay casual. Such a breath of fresh air.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Don't be shy! Was just about to post that this show is.... growing on me, I'm happy to say. First read left me underwhelmed, and that made me initially sad. 

Love the corps costumes but the guard costumes only really look good at a distance because of the colors. Luckily they can spin! Just gotta watch their bottom feet on their jumps. Lots of not-extended dangle feet. Something I'm sure my fellow alum in the movement staff can clean up in time for finals. They had me at the black mushrooms. 

Bluecoats, you weirdos. I just love it when you get weird and stay casual. Such a breath of fresh air.

I’m all for the costuming trend and have liked everything BC has done, but am not a fan of these costumes. The wavey sleeves makes them look sloppy, and the colors are too muted to make a big corps-wide impression like their last three shows.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

Did you know that Bluecoats members this year were required to be fans of a certain horror franchise? 

In fact, if you go to the corps' main office and look at their movie section, you'll see a copy of Saw and Saw, and Saw, and Saw.... 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Run tonight was 🔥 

I cant' wait until they really start relaxing and letting the show just happen - Allentown last year (for me) was really where that show turned the corner - I think they are ahead of schedule this year, with arguably a much more difficult show.

1 hour ago, FaustianMachine said:

Did you know that Bluecoats members this year were required to be fans of a certain horror franchise? 

In fact, if you go to the corps' main office and look at their movie section, you'll see a copy of Saw and Saw, and Saw, and Saw.... 

::crickets::

Tap tap tap … Is this mic on? 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

Run tonight was 🔥 

They ate. I like this show a lot. It’s such a groovy show. No one sets the mood quite like Bloo this year.  I really love how the show takes us somewhere. It feels like such a production. 

The people complaining about the maximalism of it are kinda overlooking how much of the show is committed to doing regular, groovy, satisfying drum corps things, IMHO. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1