“Hazing” Consequences (non-DC)

“Hazing” in quotes as nothing but excuse to bully IMO.

First saw this first days ago as local story as PA HS football team was investigated by the school board for what went on with “hazing”. Then over next few days the coach resigned, police are looking into what happened and now season cancelled. Today read that two other PA schools have problems and so far one is suspending operations until next week and one is barreling along like nothing happened (but police also investigating).

Kept thinking about Spirit of Atlanta and the issues they had that led to suspending for the season. But haven’t seen how the football teams issues came to light. Also interesting how so far teams are handling the upcoming season (suspend for season, hold off until next week, nah full speed ahead).

Schools in order Middletown, Mohawk and Athens.

Sorry I can’t link but cell phone ain’t that smart. I’ve been following on PennLive.com

Edited by JimF-LowBari

well we have seen or heard rumors about hazing or other issues with Spirit, OC, and of course DCI basically told Pioneer to clean house or go away. still not certain on how well DCI enforces things until crisis mode hits...i mean Pioneer had to get published in the national news, and Spirit was definitely a worst case scenario on how to handle things

2 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Unbelievable that hazing is still being tolerated at American high schools, and college frats and sport teams. 

well the local school to Jim and I wasted no time shutting football down for the year once a second video came in showing it was worse than originally thought. like 2 days before the first game shut it down

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

Unbelievable that hazing is still being tolerated at American high schools, and college frats and sport teams. 

What I’m seeing isn’t (initially) the schools, it’s the idiot “he man” coaches. But if the school finds out then we see what their moral code is really like.

Replace “school” with “drum corps management “ and ya get the idea. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Thankfully attitudes towards hazing are changing.  I pledged to SAE at the University of Southern California in the 70's.  When I approached my father to complain about the hazing (he was a former President in the chapter) he looked me straight in the eye and said: "Son, you may not be worthy of the brotherhood."  

I can laugh about it now.

3 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Thankfully attitudes towards hazing are changing.  I pledged to SAE at the University of Southern California in the 70's.  When I approached my father to complain about the hazing (he was a former President in the chapter) he looked me straight in the eye and said: "Son, you may not be worthy of the brotherhood."  

I can laugh about it now.

Last college roomie was in the Army for a hitch because he needed GI Bill for tuition. He started to pledge and quit “I took 3 years of taking orders for a purpose. Now I’m supposed to do it from a bunch of wet behind the ears because it makes them feel superior? And then be “brothers” when they treated me like ….. for no real reason. What I’ve done (Army) puts me well above them already”.

And found details of Middletowns hazing. I hope criminal charges are filed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Last college roomie was in the Army for a hitch because he needed GI Bill for tuition. He started to pledge and quit “I took 3 years of taking orders for a purpose. Now I’m supposed to do it from a bunch of wet behind the ears because it makes them feel superior? And then be “brothers” when they treated me like ….. for no real reason. What I’ve done (Army) puts me well above them already”.

And found details of Middletowns hazing. I hope criminal charges are filed.

What  is up with this sick obsession with their teammate’s backsides?  Before i moved from Illinois, in 2019, there was a hazing incident in Byron, il where they made a player run across the football field with Oreos in their backside. What the holy hell is that? Sick ####. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

What  is up with this sick obsession with their teammate’s backsides?  Before i moved from Illinois, in 2019, there was a hazing incident in Byron, il where they made a player run across the football field with Oreos in their backside. What the holy hell is that? Sick ####. 

Not to mention an inexcusable waste of Oreos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

For those of us over 40… yes THAT Middletown.. home of Three Mile Island…

• Like 1