Souvenir Stands

6 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

With the iconicity of props now, mini props could be a legit marketable thing.

I will take your entire stock. People might hate me for this but there's some shows that when I hear their name the props are first to come to mind

4 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

I am addicted to drum corps notecards and stationery paper, but very few souvenir stands offer such an item.

One year, Phantom Regiment did a note card set - maybe 20 or so years ago - with a dozen cards of 4 different images.

Another time, very long ago, a Division ll corps sold colorful 6x9 pads of paper, the bottom of a each sheet included several comic-drawn musicians and guard members with the wording A CORPS LINE.

Remember when you could buy those Troopers postcards from the canvas wagon? Best deal around. Was it ten for a dollar? One of the postcard pictures was taken at a rodeo, with a sunburst formation, if I recall correctly.

I probably bought and mailed over 100 of those Troopers postcards over the years.

I realize that paper doesn’t travel or age well.

Often times, I’ll prepare my own drum corps stationery notecards on a color copier. It’s easy to buy cheap envelopes at a thrift store or after Christmas. Having access to a paper trimmer/cutter is helpful.

Maybe a custom seal set with the corps logo or branded carrier pigeons? (Game of Thrones style)  

Made me think of this old FedEx commercial. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I will take your entire stock. People might hate me for this but there's some shows that when I hear their name the props are first to come to mind

I certainly can’t hate you for your opinion, but what happened to remembering a corps’ performance for it’s musicality? If the props are the first thing that comes to mind, This is just my opinion, you’re missing so much.

9 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Can you build me the Beast "Seesaw" for my desk? (@1:40) 😁

(Good Lord, that hornline.  I'm ready to go back to Indy next August; if I can get thru the gate.) 😂 

You mean the teeter-totter duck boat? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Maybe a custom seal set with the corps logo or branded carrier pigeons? (Game of Thrones style)  

i would unironically buy a bluecoats branded carrier pigeon

• Sad 1

On 9/1/2022 at 1:50 PM, Kopeck said:

1. What would you like to buy at a corps souvenir stand but can't because they don't sell it? Or what is your dream souvenir?

I would love to buy a Phantom Regiment helmet, especially now that wearing headgear seems to be a thing of the past.  An iPhone case would be nice too but I don't recall seeing any in Indianapolis this year.

Got mine during a PR gala. $500, but so worth it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

Got mine during a PR gala. $500, but so worth it!

Thank you for your financial support!

On 9/2/2022 at 3:40 PM, Sutasaurus said:

I certainly can’t hate you for your opinion, but what happened to remembering a corps’ performance for it’s musicality? If the props are the first thing that comes to mind, This is just my opinion, you’re missing so much.

the musicality is a given, props and costumes etc. are the icing on the cake….mmmm, cupcakes…

Edited by Sasha1
cupcakes