The Cadets 2023

Yeah that 2018 performance in Allentown was epic.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, postertrout said:

Agreed.

I took my son to the 2018 SE Championships in Atlanta. After the Cadets performed Unity Project, I told him that if he ever decided to march DCI after high school that I saw him marching Cadets. He was a Crown fan, so he kind of scoffed, but the Cadets definitely rose to perform with all of their heart and that inspired my son to audition for the Cadets in December 2019 and get contracted for the 2020 season that never happend.

He is on his 3rd tour and age-out year with Cadets, so that 2018 show and group of kids hold a special significance to me. 

That was a memorable show as well. The SE Championships had moved into The Benz (from Powder Springs the previous year), and the atmosphere in there was electric. People may also recall that the very next show on the tour at Wake Forest, The Cadets must have marched 30 holes because a virus ripped through the corps. That knocked them back a bit, but when they got to Allentown they pulled out all the stops. 

Edited by Icer
  • Like 2

There have been some recent subcaption and caption wins for The Cadets that make me excited for tonight.

What if they pop a number that blows up this "4 horse race"???

Is the surge back?  We all know, J. Birney Crum ... she don't lie!

• Like 3

Something worth considering when people complain about Cadet’s costumes and props is that they have no money - they lost sponsorships (thanks to you know who) and therefore are being smart and spending within their means which results in cost effective costumes and low cost props and given all that, they are doing an outstanding job. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Time to make another statement,  Cadets!!  FHNSAB

• Thanks 4

53 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

Something worth considering when people complain about Cadet’s costumes and props is that they have no money - they lost sponsorships (thanks to you know who) and therefore are being smart and spending within their means which results in cost effective costumes and low cost props and given all that, they are doing an outstanding job. 

I agree, they need to run lean in order to field a competitive corps. They are doing more with less and doing it at a top 5-6 level - no offense to the Regimen, Mandarins, and Cavaliers f(ph)ans the battle for 5th is great this season. 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, postertrout said:

Agreed.

I took my son to the 2018 SE Championships in Atlanta. After the Cadets performed Unity Project, I told him that if he ever decided to march DCI after high school that I saw him marching Cadets. He was a Crown fan, so he kind of scoffed, but the Cadets definitely rose to perform with all of their heart and that inspired my son to audition for the Cadets in December 2019 and get contracted for the 2020 season that never happend.

He is on his 3rd tour and age-out year with Cadets, so that 2018 show and group of kids hold a special significance to me. 

Wow great for you both. I love the Cadets this year. 

• Like 4

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

Wow great for you both. I love the Cadets this year. 

Thanks. He went from a Carolina Crown groupie to bleeding Maroon and Gold. He stuck with the Cadets even after others in his section and friends from high school went to Blue Devils, BAC, and/or Bluecoats to chase a medal for their age-out years. 

• Like 5

On 8/4/2023 at 7:56 AM, jwillis35 said:

They represent, very loosely, Olympic Flag poles the way you would see them in an Olympic village or near the competing venus. 

flags.jpg

Has that been confirmed? I recall you or someone else earlier this season making the link, but because of the varying heights of the prop poles it feels like a stretch to me.

Regardless, the members and staff are knocking what they have out of the park and that is the Cadets I know. Have an incredible show tonight, Cadets!

• Like 2