Troopers 2023

23 hours ago, wigwam said:

I was at Allentown last night.  The crowd loved the Troopers show!  The best crowd reaction of the night.  

The crowd had never seen a Trooper DM move that fast across the field.

• Haha 9

There are two shows that I am jonesing to see on the big screen this Thursday - and the Troopers are definitely one of them. Love the entire show!

And yes, I too am aware of the inaccuracies of the Civil War era uniform. I spent a large chunk of last night trying to find a true photograph of one from that timeframe, and ended up falling down & into too many rabbit holes. But I think that, by & large, most folks really aren't aware of it & frankly wouldn't care if they were aware of it - just those of us who grew up surrounded by & paid attention to Civil War history.

• Like 1

Without doubt, Troopers are my favorite corps of the year, and it's not even close. The show is amazing.  I would love for them to increase the amplification on the harmonica solo, and to switch the closer flags to the yellow traditional silks.  I think the crowd at finals would go nuts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tamborista Viejo said:

Can someone tell me what the Troopers yell at the end of the show? 

I'm guessing: "H", "L", "D".

Honor, Loyalty, Dedication. 

Corps motto.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluesman said:

Without doubt, Troopers are my favorite corps of the year, and it's not even close. The show is amazing.  I would love for them to increase the amplification on the harmonica solo, and to switch the closer flags to the yellow traditional silks.  I think the crowd at finals would go nuts.

The piece in the ballad they need to switch is the little drumline swells accompaniment from right to center to left …does not sound good.  The switch to yellow flags would be great 

• Like 1