Come August Finals...any new faces?

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Troopers are moving up.  They had the highest audition attendance ever and their show concepts are a new and fresh spin on a western theme.  I’ve always been a fan of America’s corps but now I’m a super duper amped psyched hyped fan.  Or something like that. 

Sounds like your amps go up to 11.  
(obscure Spinal Tap reference)

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Goodness. Quiet in here since the big thread bust.

Keeping on topic, I'm a reformed, rejuvenated, born-again Troopers fan too. 

Living here in Denver, I'm excited to see Troopers and Boston in Cheyenne and then the first head-heads of Troopers vs. Blue Knights & Boston vs. Blue Devils the following day in Ft. Collins. I volunteer for Blue Knights each year working the corps entrance tunnel. I love interacting with staff and seeing the rookie kids faces each year.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And I would like to see Music City move up to Saturday Night Live. 

We’ll see how it goes.   This time of season every Corps ‘is so much better than last season’.  The thing is some are much much better, and others are less much better.  In June we’ll start to get an idea of who falls where. 

Without SCV, there will be an open spot. My guess is Blue Knights will return. 2022 was an off year with a flawed show that lost steam as the season concluded. It happens. 

When it comes to a long shot an an actual new face, I would go with Pacific Crest. Though the circumstances were different and it was not a competitive year, in 2021 some SCV members and BD as well made their way to PC. I’m wondering if the same thing happened this year. If folks with PC connections say otherwise I’ll stand corrected.

Music City is a possibility though 2024 may be more realistic. A few posts mentioned Crossmen and Spirit. I don’t think we can expect Spirit to pick up where they left off competitively in 2019 or where they were in 2021.  Crossmen will be a wait and see for me.

2 hours ago, DORCHESTER GUY said:

Those nitwits at Drum Corps News are still wondering why the Ferns never showed at the '69 World Open. 

They'll have to ask my brother-in-law, Mel. He was a charter member and their drill instructor.

Edited by ironlips
details

15 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Bless their hearts. 

But, it's nice to see young faces in that bunch.

Young at heart, anyway. I sure couldn't walk an entire parade. 

• Like 1