Weather or not

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t what they’re doing up there in Tampa, protected by burial grounds or something, but they sure sent Ian down my way and avoided a direct hit.  Hurricane season starts June 1st. 😬 🌀 

Stay safe out there Ms. Terri.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t what they’re doing up there in Tampa, protected by burial grounds or something, but they sure sent Ian down my way and avoided a direct hit.  Hurricane season starts June 1st. 😬 🌀 

Good news from our weatherman earlier this week as he stated that NOAA predicts a less active season this year.  Hope they're correct...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Remember 84 when they had the helicopter buzzing the field?  I’ve never seen anything like that. 

oh yes before prelims. it worked. for 86 i don't think even God snapping his fingers would work. so much came down so fast after prelims, the creek flooded for the first i ever remember seeing, tho not on 2018 levels when it was a monsoon for 5/6 hours straight

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 11:05 PM, Jeff Ream said:

but 2006 DCA prelims in the last of Ernesto was the worst ever. hands down

Couldn’t make it but watched online and bought the DVDs. Not all corps were recorded at prelims as camera crew worried about rain in the equipment. CorpsVets performance lost sound halfway thru. One corps (forget who) wasn’t recorded at Prelims and missed Finals. So they were recorded after Alumni show. 

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Couldn’t make it but watched online and bought the DVDs. Not all corps were recorded at prelims as camera crew worried about rain in the equipment. CorpsVets performance lost sound halfway thru. One corps (forget who) wasn’t recorded at Prelims and missed Finals. So they were recorded after Alumni show. 

I believe it was Music City Legend. they performed at the alumni show as a bonus.

the luxury box area was still under construction....the walls werent up between suites, no glass leading to the seats...heck no seats....it was a wind tunnel. Lakeshoremen were drowned out by wind and rain. Couldn't hear them. Some DCP owner guy got me access to that level, and when they took the break to follow radar i should have been smart and headed to the hotel, but noooooo......but the field judges came up and one said flat out "#### this". Gil Silva's phone exploding with directors saying "why are we doing this?"

i've been dumb enough to sit in rain a lot of times...87 DCA among the worst before this...but that was the worst. at Allentown in 18 i was ready to bail, but my wife was so desperate to hear SCV's mellos in person she insisted we stick it out.Luckily DCI made the smart decision for us

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 12:14 AM, Jeff Ream said:

this past winter out there is probably a future sign of things to come

The weather is getting more extreme, but its not like the seasons are going to flip. West coast winters are wet and west coast summers are dry. So, unless DCI is going to start a winter tour, the west coast would still be the best set of sites purely from a weather standpoint.