Per the California Attorney General Vanguard is operating illegally as a non profit

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

To the Mods:  Why are you removing highly relevant posts?  If you are not part of the solution, the  you are part of the problem  

To SG:   Looked at MAASIN, not much new stuff there.  Perhaps put your highly relevant information there?  

Nono, don't hop on the mods necessarily. We communicated and I didn't object.

I'm thinking about MAASIN. But not feeling pushed to that extreme yet. I don't think folks understand how dedicated I am to an in house solution. 

10 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Nono, don't hop on the mods necessarily. We communicated and I didn't object.

I'm thinking about MAASIN. But not feeling pushed to that extreme yet. I don't think folks understand how dedicated I am to an in house solution. 

As with plumbing, in house is superior to out house. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

To the Mods:  Why are you removing highly relevant posts?  If you are not part of the solution, the  you are part of the problem  

To SG:   Looked at MAASIN, not much new stuff there.  Perhaps put your highly relevant information there?  

Well, names were named and even though SG is the survivor, you know what happens when names are named. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Well, names were named and even though SG is the survivor, you know what happens when names are named. 

Lawyers get rich…. Saw the post too and can’t blame DCP for protecting itself.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Questions for @Richard Lesher, @scheherazadesghost, or any alumni with knowledge:

1) Who is in charge as acting CEO since 17 March, 2023? Is the CFO next in line according the the hierarchy of management flow chart?  I don't think the BOD president can fulfill those duties.

2) Is the CFO also responsible for handling the payroll of the bingo operations?

3) Why can't bingo employees be paid from bingo funds?  Not familiar with the regulations; is it a "conflict of interest" issue?

I started researching as I was going to make a donation in honor of my fraternity brothers who march in the late 80s but I'm kind of reluctant at the moment.  But I'm really hoping they survive & return in a much stronger version.  But the way they are handling the PR side is just incredulous.       

1) I guess the CFO is, but there have been overlapping problems with her performance during this whole mess, and to include having been the Board President and Treasurer during periods in question. 

2) I would presume the CFO is responsible for the organization's entire fiscal oversight given the nature of her role, and the size of the organization. Of not her, then who, would be the better question. 

3) It's a state law, straight up. Otherwise it operates as a for profit gambling enterprise. They can be paid with other sources of funds like tour fees (which were shut off when the corps were mothballed), or donations (which they have technically been prohibited from soliciting the last three years). 

3a) So then what funds are there to pay the rather significant payroll in a manner during this time that are not in violation. 

It's not illegal for SCV to operate bingo (well, it might be, the audit was merely for the charity part, I haven't dove into the Bingo requirements yet) if staff is paid with non bingo income. I suppose I'll go down that rabbit hole too, but that's a different set of State Laws. 

It's not illegal for SCV to operate as a non-profit, but the problem is they cannot seek donations, and they have been absolutely controlling of all income streams (which is now going to cause them major problems). 

Edited by Richard Lesher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Drum Corps has done a horrible job weeding those people out.  One in particular is still celebrated. 

more than one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Richard Lesher said:

1) I guess the CFO is, but there have been overlapping problems with her performance during this whole mess, and to include having been the Board President and Treasurer during periods in question. 

2) I would presume the CFO is responsible for the organization's entire fiscal oversight given the nature of her role, and the size of the organization. Of not her, then who, would be the better question. 

3) It's a state law, straight up. Otherwise it operates as a for profit gambling enterprise. They can be paid with other sources of funds like tour fees (which were shut off when the corps were mothballed), or donations (which they have technically been prohibited from soliciting the last three years). 

3a) So then what funds are there to pay the rather significant payroll in a manner during this time that are not in violation. 

It's not illegal for SCV to operate bingo (well, it might be, the audit was merely for the charity part, I haven't dove into the Bingo requirements yet) if staff is paid with non bingo income. I suppose I'll go down that rabbit hole too, but that's a different set of State Laws. 

It's not illegal for SCV to operate as a non-profit, but the problem is they cannot seek donations, and they have been absolutely controlling of all income streams (which is now going to cause them major problems). 

10 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Per Reddit, Dan Acheson is doing an ‘Ask Me Anything’ w/ DCA today.  I think member abusers hopping from Corps to Corps falls under the aegis of ‘Anything’.  

i'd pay for video of that

• Like 2