Paul Rennick status.

Anyone know if Paul Rennick has been picked up, after SCV's 'year off'?  I believe he is advising Troopers this year? He's led SCV and Phantom to eight Fred Sanford titles,  and would be a coup for a number of corps.  If indeed, SCV does not return. 

Edited by Phantom56
Spelling

His name alone moves them up 3 spots regardless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paul and Sandy have been writing for Troop since the early 2010's, and in a DCCS podcast he did this year he said he has no plans to be more involved with Troopers this year since SCV has folded. In his own words, he always wanted Troopers to be a place for his students to go teach at and make their own way in their DCI careers and he thinks that him taking over the show at Troopers would be a bad idea. Plus, with their continued success under the leadership of Lauren Teel at Troopers, why should they change anything? 

In Paul's own words on that podcast he's still working with SCV with the hopes of doing some virtual events with his UNT kids that were with SCV and have decided not to march at another corps. So for this year, I think he's not going anywhere. The real question is what happens if SCV can't field a corps in 2024?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, CadetDood said:

Paul and Sandy have been writing for Troop since the early 2010's, and in a DCCS podcast he did this year he said he has no plans to be more involved with Troopers this year since SCV has folded. In his own words, he always wanted Troopers to be a place for his students to go teach at and make their own way in their DCI careers and he thinks that him taking over the show at Troopers would be a bad idea. Plus, with their continued success under the leadership of Lauren Teel at Troopers, why should they change anything? 

In Paul's own words on that podcast he's still working with SCV with the hopes of doing some virtual events with his UNT kids that were with SCV and have decided not to march at another corps. So for this year, I think he's not going anywhere. The real question is what happens if SCV can't field a corps in 2024?

SCV will need a LOT of intervention from what I have seen.  I can tell you first hand that when you loose a non-profit status you have to move mountains to get it back.  Not everyone is qualified to run an organization or what it takes to keep everything up and running and current.  Hopefully they can get someone with the experience needed to get things done.  Luckily, they have all year to work on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CadetDood said:

with their continued success under the leadership of Lauren Teel at Troopers, why should they change anything? 

Indeed. Paul and Sandi write the book; Lauren teaches the book. It's been that way for more than a decade. It's been a pretty good formula.

My one indulgent thought about the Rennicks is whether, given SCV's absence this season, they will linger over the Troopers charts a bit more than they usually would. Perhaps, given Troopercussion's talent level and the unprecedented retention this year, they might infuse the book with some extra compositional heft that, in other years, they might have reserved for Santa Clara? Who knows, but I do know that I can't wait to stand in front of this line this year.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

10/10

Unless a bass drummer falls down … oops! Wrong thread!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3