Mandarins 2023

21 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Thanks brother! I think they are definitely a threat for top six. 

I tried telling some people this is NOT the Mandarins of old. They are for real.

That ballad................will get a standing ovation in Indy. 

Not to quibble, but the Mandarins of old were pretty amazing too.  How many titles did they win through the years?  I love them now, but loved them then as well.  Always a great corps!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DAYGO said:

San Antonio will be interesting.

Seeding into San Antonio will be more important than ever this year.  The sixth highest scoring corps could draw the fourth to last spot and the ninth highest scoring corps could draw the seventh to last spot.  Seedings will be announced Sunday July 16th  after the shows in Fort Collins, Rockford and Little Rock.  Mandarins need to keep improving  every day.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dcifanforlife said:

Seeding into San Antonio will be more important than ever this year.  The sixth highest scoring corps could draw the fourth to last spot and the ninth highest scoring corps could draw the seventh to last spot.  Seedings will be announced Sunday July 16th  after the shows in Fort Collins, Rockford and Little Rock.  Mandarins need to keep improving  every day.

Mandarins ballad is going to bring the house down in Indy. Both nights in Vista and San Bernardino, they had some fans on their feet at the end of the ballad. 

We could be on the cusp of seeing the Mandarins become a destination corps over the next few seasons. 

• Like 6

I love this show.

Thank you Mandies for proving once again that a guard composed of diverse body types can be stunning and crisp. Most of the higher placing corps could learn a thing or two from you in that regard. Also, la-love the closer flags.

Can't wait to see the finished product. The unfinished recipe I've seen so far took my breath away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I love this show.

Thank you Mandies for proving once again that a guard composed of diverse body types can be stunning and crisp. Most of the higher placing corps could learn a thing or two from you in that regard. Also, la-love the closer flags.

Can't wait to see the finished product. The unfinished recipe I've seen so far took my breath away.

Mandarins’ guard really caught my attention last year. Glad they continue to excel in this rising corps!

Edited by lawdn
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

💯, I swooned then, same as I am now. 😎

I hope you get to see Sinnerman live under the lights. 

This show is a legit threat for top six. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3