Mandarins 2023

9 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Hope your son is still having a good time! Love that score they received tonight!

Thanks! He was happy with the run. I like the changes they made to the closer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If the Mandarins can improve 2 points in score between tonight in Stanford and their home show tomorrow night, it will be the first time they cracked the 80 scoring barrier before leaving California for the final time heading east, on world class sheets. 

Also believe it will be the fastest to 80 on WC sheets in the corps storied history. 

LFG MANDARINS!!!!!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

If the Mandarins can improve 2 points in score between tonight in Stanford and their home show tomorrow night, it will be the first time they cracked the 80 scoring barrier before leaving California for the final time heading east, on world class sheets. 

Also believe it will be the fastest to 80 on WC sheets in the corps storied history. 

LFG MANDARINS!!!!!

Hope they do break 80. 

Next Saturday (15th) they go up against BAC and Troopers; this will give a hint how they stack up w/ Corps that have been on the Midwest tour 

• Like 2

Absolutely in love with this show. It's everything I love about drum corps. Not to sound stalker-y but @Chief Guns were you at the Mandarins merch truck after scores? Was talking to a cool dude ahead of me who had a son in Mandies and explained the show lore, just out of curiosity cause you also said you had a son in that corps

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 2:08 PM, Chief Guns said:

You could be on to something. From a competitive standpoint, Mandarins haven't been battle tested yet, meanwhile Blue Stars, Cavies, Phantom are throwing haymakers at each other, and I believe the Cadets will be joining them soon.  

Mandarins will have to figure it out and rise above it. 

But it would be nice if they had someone out west in that 5-9 tier that they could spar with.

Mandarins will be in the mix for sure!

• Like 2

Sinnerman is a VERY "new mandarins" show too.  I can't imagine another corps quite pulling this off.  (by that I mean the vibe and style to the corps,  not talent wise).  Maybe Bloo ala the Session 44 era but not current Bloo, it just wouldn't be the right vibe.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Absolutely in love with this show. It's everything I love about drum corps. Not to sound stalker-y but @Chief Guns were you at the Mandarins merch truck after scores? Was talking to a cool dude ahead of me who had a son in Mandies and explained the show lore, just out of curiosity cause you also said you had a son in that corps

Nah that wasn't me. But I was at the show last night. I met my son after the show near the Mandarins merch truck. If you saw a black guy wearing a red 49ers shirt and white 49ers ball cap, that was me LMAO. 

• Like 1

Take Me to Church was cooking at MidCal on the Flo.  That's gonna be one of the moments of this show for sure.  And given the lyrics of the Hozier original, it works so well into the theme.  

• Like 1

Mandarins were down two contras tonight in Stanford. One was sick, the other nursing an ankle injury. Hope they both get better soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1