Mandarins 2023

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

🤷‍♂️😂 There was a long article last year on the DCI website explaining the scoring, etc. I just know I’m not going to spend the $ on travel, hotel, etc to watch the show in the old Olympic stadium that Georgia St uses. I enjoyed staying in the Centennial Park area & walk to the Dome.  Great restaurants as well. 

Yes, especially with the risk of rain. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Just posted this in the Monrow show thread. Will put it here. 

My boy said the show designers are back with the corps, and since they have until Sunday night before they perform again at NightBeat..............changes to the show are on the way. He didn't tell me what though. 

Stay tuned. 

Mandarins are still in this thing.

Some of us are going to lose our minds if Mandarins amp up this show any more. I cannot wait. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, lawdn said:

Some of us are going to lose our minds if Mandarins amp up this show any more. I cannot wait. 

He didn't say if the changes will be on the field at NightBeat, just that they are definitely on the way.

I can't wait either!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

🤷‍♂️😂 There was a long article last year on the DCI website explaining the scoring, etc. I just know I’m not going to spend the $ on travel, hotel, etc to watch the show in the old Olympic stadium that Georgia St uses. I enjoyed staying in the Centennial Park area & walk to the Dome.  Great restaurants as well. 

I have to say, I attended DCI southeast last year at the Georgia St stadium and it was a fantastic venue for drum corps. 

The concessions lines were admittedly a bit long but any of the seats underneath the canopy were blast zone type of seats. Probably the best acoustic environment I’ve attended for a drum corps show 

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I have to say, I attended DCI southeast last year at the Georgia St stadium and it was a fantastic venue for drum corps. 

The concessions lines were admittedly a bit long but any of the seats underneath the canopy were blast zone type of seats. Probably the best acoustic environment I’ve attended for a drum corps show 

Did it bug you at all that the stands weren't parallel to the front sideline?

9 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

He didn't say if the changes will be on the field at NightBeat, just that they are definitely on the way.

I can't wait either!

Better be in by Annapolis!  I wanna see all the things!

• Like 2

Just popping in to say, again, how much i love this show!  The MM obv enjoy performing the hell out of it, and i think their complete buy-in of the concept is what will propel them to their best finish ever.  I originally projected a 6th place final, but i am now convinced they will finish higher than that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just watched last night's run. Looks like my son's white uniform got caught on something in the opener. He had trouble getting it off. 

I know it happened to a couple of other kids earlier in the season. Maybe it's getting caught on the red costume underneath.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Just watched last night's run. Looks like my son's white uniform got caught on something in the opener. He had trouble getting it off. 

I know it happened to a couple of other kids earlier in the season. Maybe it's getting caught on the red costume underneath.

Tell him to stay safe out there, Chief! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1