Mandarins 2023

6 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

My son just texted me. He said last nights run in McKinney was by far the worst of the season. He said the corps was not locked in and they got absolutely what they deserved in score and placement. 

Sounds like the staff "Let them have it" and also used last night's result as a teaching moment of what happens when you arent focused on the task at hand.

So we will see what happens tonight. 

Also reinforces to the MMs what they CAN accomplish when they're all locked in. They've been rehearsing at the show site today, so hopefully they'll feel super confident tonight.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Also reinforces to the MMs what they CAN accomplish when they're all locked in. They've been rehearsing at the show site today, so hopefully they'll feel super confident tonight.

Absolutely! I wish this show was on Flo so we can see how they do.

He said the weather in Monroe sucks. But in his opinion, much better than Texas lol. 

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, brassboy said:

I know there's a LOT of drum corps support in the south, but I wish the tour didn't have to go through the south. 😞

As someone who aged out in Jackson, Missi#####ssippi, I concur. 

Edited by CAtenhut

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

When DCI decided not to use the ATL dome, they split the groups with NightBEAT.  Also combine those scores for placements. (Poor logistics at the new stadium)  Crazy, yes. 

This makes zero sense as there are multiple corps performing at both shows and others just at one.  Will those who perform twice take an average?  And the others just the one score?  Or will those who do two shows get to pick the highest score?  I think that BD is at both, so I assume it is the higher score counts.  😆 

2 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

This makes zero sense as there are multiple corps performing at both shows and others just at one.  Will those who perform twice take an average?  And the others just the one score?  Or will those who do two shows get to pick the highest score?  I think that BD is at both, so I assume it is the higher score counts.  😆 

🤷‍♂️😂 There was a long article last year on the DCI website explaining the scoring, etc. I just know I’m not going to spend the $ on travel, hotel, etc to watch the show in the old Olympic stadium that Georgia St uses. I enjoyed staying in the Centennial Park area & walk to the Dome.  Great restaurants as well. 

44 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

https://dci.org/news/explainer-how-performance-order-is-set-for-2023-dci-tour

4. — DCI Eastern Classic (August 4-5 in Allentown) performance orders will be based on reverse order of placement from the DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) and NightBeat (Winston-Salem). For corps only performing in one of those two events, their individual score will be used. Corps participating in both events will have their two scores averaged. Final order will be drawn at random, in groupings of three.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just posted this in the Monroe show thread. Will put it here. 

My boy said the show designers are back with the corps, and since they have until Sunday night before they perform again at NightBeat..............changes to the show are on the way. He didn't tell me what though. 

Stay tuned. 

Mandarins are still in this thing.

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 7