Mandarins 2023

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Exactly. Even if they finish 7th at finals, it's still their highest finish by three spots, and they are currently two points from obliterating their highest world class score. 

Said it the other day, Mandarins are playing with house money, no pressure on them whatsoever. 

Mandarins will not finish 7th.  I got money on a close 5th place finish.  The waffle iron comment was funny, I have to admit.  I don't think anybody is really hating on the Mandarins, and if they really are, they are not true fans of of this wonderful art/sport.  Keep on Sinnin' Mandarins!

• Like 5

Does anyone know why the Mandarins are not participating in Atlanta? Just a Sacramento area supporter, thought San Antonio, Atlanta and Harrisburg were big events. Educate me please?

For anyone in the area interested, Mandarins are housing today at Enko High School. Address below. 

They will be doing a full ensemble run tonight from 7pm-8:45pm.

475 Enka Lake Rd, Enka Village, NC 28715

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Got trolls taking shots at the Mandarins in the Murfreesboro thread. 

Now I know the Mandarins have arrived. They officially have haters. 

They aren't even at the show and living rent free some people's heads. 

Love it!

I've been vocal about this Mandarins show not really being my cup of tea this year, but I'm still rooting hard for them to completely obliterate their previous record high placement and score!  Though maybe not too hard because I am a bit of a Phantom homer 🙂 

Don't understand why people would hate on a corps rising up the ranks, it's what DCI is all about! Same reason why people are rooting so hard for Pacific Crest as well! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, DAYGO said:

Mandarins will not finish 7th.  I got money on a close 5th place finish.  The waffle iron comment was funny, I have to admit.  I don't think anybody is really hating on the Mandarins, and if they really are, they are not true fans of of this wonderful art/sport.  Keep on Sinnin' Mandarins!

The joke could be funny once, but he also made the same joke on the Cadets thread. It's definitely his/her passive aggressive way of hating on them, which is why I finally had to say something.

• Like 3

Mandarins rehearsal for the evening has been canceled due to weather. They got 5-6 inches of rain in five minutes. 

Some of the pit and electronics took a beating by the rain before they could move it, but got everyone and everything safely in doors before the lightning hit. 

My son said everyone is ok. Electronics is being looked at as we speak. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Mandarins rehearsal for the evening has been canceled due to weather. They got 5-6 inches of rain in five minutes. 

Some of the pit and electronics took a beating by the rain before they could move it, but got everyone and everything safely in doors before the lightning hit. 

My son said everyone is ok. Electronics is being looked at as we speak. 

Nooooooo. Echoes of 2018. Hopefully none of the electronics are fried again!

• Like 1

Saw this on my walk today and thought of you all for no apparent reason. 

53081421186_fdb3f8b58b_b.jpg

• Haha 7