2023 Blue Stars

6 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

"I work with the Blue Stars percussion. One quad got a broken hand and another had a back injury. Very unfortunate to lose two great members. We have two replacements coming in soon."

Hopefully they have another year 💙

That’s a shame to lose summers due to injuries. Happy to see they will have four quads by finals week. 

Am I the only one who sees great potential in this show? I am now absolutely loving it. To me this is a very complex and demanding show with a lot going on in the right way. I see this as our 5th place show if they can get it clean. Am I crazy? Am I stupid? What do you all think? Crazy and stupid?

• Like 1

The Blue Stars show is just one of several great shows this season. Attendance has been up at most shows.  People will pay to see corps perform in person. DCI has to be pleased with the season so far but will it increase attendance at finals probably not.

You are not going to see much change in rankings before finals.  Top corps know how to play the game. With the majority of senior staff Music Educators  not many changes can be done after San Antonio because staff has to leave for band camps and other  commitments.  Staff is flown in for the weekend shows but how much can they get done on show days. Techs have to do all the cleaning and not all Techs can clean.

5th is crazy for Blue Stars. They are in the 7th - 9th group.  Top four are a lock.  5th and 6th are a toss up between Phantom and Mandarins. Battle for 12th will be interesting.

Sit back and enjoy the rest of the season and don't freak out if your corps score doesn't increase every day.

30 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

The Blue Stars show is just one of several great shows this season. Attendance has been up at most shows.  People will pay to see corps perform in person. DCI has to be pleased with the season so far but will it increase attendance at finals probably not.

You are not going to see much change in rankings before finals.  Top corps know how to play the game. With the majority of senior staff Music Educators  not many changes can be done after San Antonio because staff has to leave for band camps and other  commitments.  Staff is flown in for the weekend shows but how much can they get done on show days. Techs have to do all the cleaning and not all Techs can clean.

5th is crazy for Blue Stars. They are in the 7th - 9th group.  Top four are a lock.  5th and 6th are a toss up between Phantom and Mandarins. Battle for 12th will be interesting.

Sit back and enjoy the rest of the season and don't freak out if your corps score doesn't increase every day.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I just see the Blue Stars show as having so much more demand and content than Regiment's. Maybe I'm wrong (Regiment has a fanastic show) but I think the Blue Stars have a great product. 

I'm not freaking out or upset. I marched Madison. I have no stake in how Blue Stars finish, nor are Blue Stars one of my favorite corps. But, I think the show is fantastic and has so much more potential than shows that are scoring with them now and some above them.

I was incredibly impressed by what I saw last night.

Edited by Vuitton

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

I agree with a lot of what you said. I just see the Blue Stars show as having so much more demand and content than Regiment's. Maybe I'm wrong (Regiment has a fanastic show) but I think the Blue Stars have a great product. 

I'm not freaking out or upset. I marched Madison. I have no stake in how Blue Stars finish, nor are Blue Stars one of my favorite corps. But, I think the show is fantastic and has so much more potential than shows that are scoring with them now and some above them.

I was incredibly impressed by what I saw last night.

You are not wrong. Much will be known next Saturday. 

4 hours ago, Vuitton said:

Am I the only one who sees great potential in this show? I am now absolutely loving it. To me this is a very complex and demanding show with a lot going on in the right way. I see this as our 5th place show if they can get it clean. Am I crazy? Am I stupid? What do you all think? Crazy and stupid?

If you're crazy and stupid I'm right there next to you 🙂

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

If you're crazy and stupid I'm right there next to you 🙂

Well hello stupid. It's nice to meet you.

Sincerely,

Stupid

On 7/15/2023 at 11:02 AM, Vuitton said:

One of those to be enjoyed. Ceiling may be 8th.  

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 10:02 AM, Vuitton said:

I like this BS show the most from the past few years. I still think it's missing something - the individual parts should combine together to make something bigger, but (as of now) I'm not sure that will happen this year. There was a lot of pre-season Blue Stars hype, which i think has done them a disservice because they are having a good year, but some people thought they would be pushing for a top 5 spot (some even mentioned they would push for a medal).

I don't see BS challenging for 5th place.  I think Mandarins and Phantom will be fighting for the 5th and 6th spots.

I think Cadets, Cavaliers, Blue Stars, and Troopers (maybe Colts) will be battling for 7-10. I thin a 7-9 spot looks the most likely.

The competition this year is pretty remarkable. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

I like this BS show the most from the past few years. I still think it's missing something - the individual parts should combine together to make something bigger, but (as of now) I'm not sure that will happen this year. There was a lot of pre-season Blue Stars hype, which i think has done them a disservice because they are having a good year, but some people thought they would be pushing for a top 5 spot (some even mentioned they would push for a medal).

I don't see BS challenging for 5th place.  I think Mandarins and Phantom will be fighting for the 5th and 6th spots.

I think Cadets, Cavaliers, Blue Stars, and Troopers (maybe Colts) will be battling for 7-10. I thin a 7-9 spot looks the most likely.

The competition this year is pretty remarkable. 

After last night I am definitely in agreement with you. I think I'm underestimating Regiment.