Midwest Premiere

I get the impression the Cavies' decision is predicated on the impact of the past several days and seeing the impact on their members of prolonged exposure.   Other corps may not have been out in it as much and making other decisions.  

See ya on the next stop Cavies!  Thanks for looking out for your members.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I get the impression the Cavies' decision is predicated on the impact of the past several days and seeing the impact on their members of prolonged exposure.   Other corps may not have been out in it as much and making other decisions.  

See ya on the next stop Cavies!  Thanks for looking out for your members.

Having volunteered with them on tour for 4 tours, their medical staff isn’t going to get anywhere close to a risk since they’ve been in it for several days. 

I also have to believe that after the 2022 COVID tornado that ravaged them they just don’t want to start the season with an unnecessary risk. 

Seasons are marathons… not sprints. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, PopcornEater1963 said:

Having volunteered with them on tour for 4 tours, their medical staff isn’t going to get anywhere close to a risk since they’ve been in it for several days. 

I also have to believe that after the 2022 COVID tornado that ravaged them they just don’t want to start the season with an unnecessary risk. 

Seasons are marathons… not sprints. 

Entirely reasonable.  Between the Covidnado last year and the Norovirus year...Cavies have had a fair bit of experience being snakebit on tour.

• Like 2

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Entirely reasonable.  Between the Covidnado last year and the Norovirus year...Cavies have had a fair bit of experience being snakebit on tour.

2015 was Noro year. My first tour was 2 years after that. We were in Hattiesburg, MS and several ( 7-8) members simultaneously came down with a stomach bug. 

They were quarantined immediately . Busses scrubbed too to bottom. IIRC, after “bus scrubbing”, the corps canceled rehearsal and sent healthy members to do ALL their laundry. 

Cavaliers med staff is top notch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

2015 was Noro year. My first tour was 2 years after that. We were in Hattiesburg, MS and several ( 7-8) members simultaneously came down with a stomach bug. 

They were quarantined immediately . Busses scrubbed too to bottom. IIRC, after “bus scrubbing”, the corps canceled rehearsal and sent healthy members to do ALL their laundry. 

Cavaliers med staff is top notch. 

I was about to say — wasn’t there a stomach bug year or somesuch in addition to noro. Poor Cavies can’t catch a break!

My question is:

Do the Cavaliers collect appearance fees for bowing out tonight? I respect the corps’ decision to not compete tonight out of an abundance of caution but the other competitors are there as promised to make the show happen. 

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

My question is:

Do the Cavaliers collect appearance fees for bowing out tonight? I respect the corps’ decision to not compete tonight out of an abundance of caution but the other competitors are there as promised to make the show happen. 

Appearance fees are forfeited for bowing out of a show. Sponsor show retains it for themselves.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sutasaurus said:

My question is:

I think that would depend on contract language. An equally interesting question is if DCI has a threshold for AQI like they do temperature, lightning, etc. If there’s not one, it’s certainly a grey area. All that said, I’m quite certain appearance fees weren’t driving their decision. 

• Like 2