When does it end with SCV??????

15 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Nobody is saying this...

actually the OP is by connections

13 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

It has nothing to do with SCV. It's a click bait topic. Obviously something happened or was said in the YouTube video that WGI found objectionable and they took appropriate action. A person who is in their staff also works for SCV. Yet the topic blames SCV for what happened. Ridiculous.

i highly doubt that youtube video of retreat showed it. i would imagine other ways brought the issue to attention

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I was a perfect angel, definitely no lived experience to pull from here.

😉👍🏽

I won't get into the weeds. I wasn't there. I just would've thought someone, anyone, close to the org would've caught the policy violation and told staff to save embarrassment... if not, that's a breakdown in procedure. No procedure written? Hmmm...

Part of their job is monitoring for risks and policy violations. There are ways to do that without hovering.

so...where was the WGI personnel monitoring the tent and helping organize retreat? or those that patrol the lot?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

It's impossible to prevent someone from acting out. WGI world class age goes way beyond 21. It's unfortunate but blaming a certain person for someone else's behavior is stretching. I employ many people over the years and yes I make sure they try to follow work rules and in a few times I've had to fire those who don't.

percussion age out rules mirror DCI's age out. guard is different

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually the OP is by connections

That's on y'all if you think this is a  witch hunt. It doesn't help the situation at all though. Why is no one asking what is making alum so upset? Because it's easier, momentarily, for everyone's peace of mind, to dismiss us.

And if OP or others are out for blood then there's nothing I can do about it, despite trying since finals in 04. This is not my way, so I differentiated my intentions and I won't be lumped in willingly.

No one wants to know what it would be like if I were approaching Vanguard with that kind of nasty intention. I've had kid gloves on and the patience of a saint since I first contacted Vanguard leadership 2 years ago. So have many of the reporters I've spoken to.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

so...where was the WGI personnel monitoring the tent and helping organize retreat? or those that patrol the lot?

Those are great questions for WGI.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I knew this would create pages and pages for 'STUFF". The is the George Hopkins vacuum effect. Now it's SCV as the hot topic.

I mean, are you saying it shouldn't be? A well loved and seemingly rock solid organization stumbles hard and goes inactive, at the same time shining a light on mismanagement and misbehavior by its highest levels of administration. Do you not think the organization should be under a microscope at this point? Especially when it has a history of sweeping controversies under the rug and moving forward without making necessary changes?

Honestly this is a great opportunity for the org. They have a chance to reevaluate their operations and culture and rebuild on a strong foundation. I think what people are concerned about, is they won't take advantage of the opportunity, and instead plow forward with the same policies that put them in this position to begin with. 

Either way, people are paying close attention as they SHOULD be, and hopefully the org is taking that seriously. 

Edited by MarimbaManiac
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

I mean, are you saying it shouldn't be? A well loved and seemingly rock solid organization stumbles hard and goes inactive, at the same time shining a light on mismanagement and misbehavior by its highest levels of administration. Do you not think the organization should be under a microscope at this point? Especially when it has a history of sweeping controversies under the rug and moving forward without making necessary changes?

Honestly this is a great opportunity for the org. They have a chance to reevaluate their operations and culture and rebuild on a strong foundation. I think what people are concerned about, is they won't take advantage of the opportunity, and instead plow forward with the same policies that put them in this position to begin with. 

Either way, people are paying close attention as they SHOULD be, and hopefully the org is taking that seriously. 

Great. Thx.