When does it end with SCV??????

Just now, MarimbaManiac said:

It doesn't matter, the fact is that she is attached to this PR issue (and it is a PR issue for anyone involved), which is something SCV doesn't need. ESPECIALLY when community trust is at an all time low, they already had to get rid of Spike because of bad optics, and the corps has a spotty history of hiring people with problematic histories. 

Also, I don't remember but was she in that photo of people flipping the bird in their corps credentials at a show?

Fire her, and move on. 

I can't fire her because I don't run SCV. But email them.

1 minute ago, DFA1970 said:

I can't fire her because I don't run SCV. But email them.

OK, That clearly wasn't directed to you, but whatever. I have already spoken my piece to the powers that be and in general they are non responsive to concerns (another issue). The impression they give off, and they have for many years, is that they are above scrutiny and people shouldn't question their almighty decisions. 

That is no longer a position that will serve them well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

That’s what leadership is. If you are in a leadership position, you are, and should be, held accountable for the actions of those you lead / supervise. You should feel personally accountable. Fair or not, that’s how it goes. Or it’s how it Should go. And we will just disagree that it’s impossible to prevent someone from acting out. 

…and because the person in the position of leadership failed to stop the behavior, the group got suspended for two years. If “no one could have stopped” the behavior then is the suspension unfair too?  Why suspend the group for the behavior of one or two members?  Where does it stop?  

I just want to say that I don't disagree this is probably verging on witch hunt....at least in normal circumstances. If this was any other year when the corps was active, and trust wasn't eroded, I would call this a nothing burger. 

However that's not where we are. VMAPA is in the middle of a PR ####storm, one involving a youth-based nonprofit. They need to be highly sensitive to the optics of literally every move they make at this point. Having a corps director attached to another PR incident a youth-based nonprofit does not help them. 

There are plenty of people who can do that job. Avoid the controversy and just cut ties. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

I just want to say that I don't disagree this is probably verging on witch hunt....at least in normal circumstances. If this was any other year when the corps was active, and trust wasn't eroded, I would call this a nothing burger. 

However that's not where we are. VMAPA is in the middle of a PR ####storm, one involving a youth-based nonprofit. They need to be highly sensitive to the optics of literally every move they make at this point. Having a corps director attached to another PR incident a youth-based nonprofit does not help them. 

There are plenty of people who can do that job. Avoid the controversy and just cut ties. 

I generally agree with all of this...

...except the "verging on witch hunt." There have been more allusions to a witch hunt or vendetta in this thread than there have been posts by the OP, which is two (2). 

Also, perhaps plenty of people can do the job, but apparently the job that nobody can do is finding and retaining those people!

19 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Also, perhaps plenty of people can do the job, but apparently the job that nobody can do is finding and retaining those people!

In my experience as a former employee, it's not an easy organization to work for. I'm not talking about the job itself, which of course is difficult, or working with the students, which is incredibly rewarding, but the organization has some issues with clarity, communication, and accountability. 

Edited by MarimbaManiac
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

There have been more allusions to a witch hunt or vendetta in this thread than there have been posts by the OP, which is two (2). 

For the record, that’s about all it took in Salem.