Smoke on the Drill Field

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw the topic, it reminded me how back in the 90s, my high school band used smoke bombs in buckets at the end of the show. During district contest, the buckets got knocked down and the smoke bombs set patches of the field on fire. To this day smoke effects are not allowed in FL FBA evaluations because of my high school. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ContraFart said:

When I saw the topic, it reminded me how back in the 90s, my high school band used smoke bombs in buckets at the end of the show. During district contest, the buckets got knocked down and the smoke bombs set patches of the field on fire. To this day smoke effects are not allowed in FL FBA evaluations because of my high school. 

Many, if not most, rules arise because something happened that the powers that be don’t want tho happen again.   This goes for rules outside of Drum Corps as well. 

5 hours ago, ContraFart said:

We lost a show in FL to another band from GA who used fireworks at the end of their show, which were illegal in GA, but legal in FL.  Their style copied the Bridgemen, including the raunchy outfits for the color guard.  For years the people who marched that show still referred to losing to "the fireworks and hookers show."  :thumbdown:

• Like 1