"Uniforms/Costumes"

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Everyone will get the cut outs when the show is literally called it. 

Everyone? Really? It’s been done already….nothing groundbreaking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Everyone? Really? It’s been done already….nothing groundbreaking.

Does it have be groundbreaking?  Can't they just wear something appropriate without having to rewrite the book?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Of all the spices in the world you decided to be salty 

I bring umami to the table. We have to watch our sodium levels.

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, ContraFart said:

Not sure if I hate them because they are a version of the same uniform they have been using since 2014, or if I appreciate the fact that you can look at them and know they are BD. 

Well — if you’re longing for uniforms of yesteryear, which were essentially the same thing every year, then hopefully a new-era uniform that’s basically been the same since 2014 wouldn’t be an issue, IMO. I def think it’s worth appreciating that we can look at them and know they’re BD. I feel a little let down when corps abandon their uniform identity entirely, to be honest. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Does it have be groundbreaking?  Can't they just wear something appropriate without having to rewrite the book?

No, but a little innovation adds interest. To me it just looks like the last several years. As I said earlier, I’ll wait to see the costume in action before giving it a👍

• Like 1

I know this will never happen but I’d love to see corps wear traditional uniforms for parades and finals night retreat. 

• Like 2

I'm wondering why DCI isn't leaning into the same styles as some indoor uniforms. If that's what the design is then lean into it. Like Bostons looks like a stock creative solution uniform when you compare it to a Pulse, RCC, or Broken City(these three are top of line at designing good uniforms). I think Spirits tease is going more towards the WGI detailed style. You can still create a customer uniform that's moveable in that's detailed. 

• Like 2