"Uniforms/Costumes"

5 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

This is a “we didn’t even try” look, respectfully

I get the idea in general: we don't want to pigeonhole ourselves with a stylistic decision made decades ago. But I agree that it wasn't a solid effort.

That said, I'm happy that they've chosen to continue to embrace that old tradition with modernized programming. We'll probably eventually see a transition away from it, and I hope that edition is better than 2016.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I get the idea in general: we don't want to pigeonhole ourselves with a stylistic decision made decades ago. But I agree that it wasn't a solid effort.

That said, I'm happy that they've chosen to continue to embrace that old tradition with modernized programming. We'll probably eventually see a transition away from it, and I hope that edition is better than 2016.

At least 2016 was a breath of fresh air and not "How can we do another western show?" At this point, they have to be digging at the bottom of the barrel. I get the feeling retention might be better as well if they ditched the Western themed shows and explored other avenues. While it's nice to see that at least one corps hasn't forgotten their identity, it's just kind of stale at this point. Then again, I know people who sit and watch reruns of Gunsmoke all day, every day too.

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I loved that look.

This one, however...

The road back to Finals: 2022 Troopers

to @Grandpa Joe’s point about them changing up from westerns, there’s a case to be made for them exploring space westerns …. because this uniform is giving Star Trek for real…

19 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

you tell me they didnt try making them skin tight back in the day

10527849_10204528685323410_8992650268357

Those are just genetic lottery winners! 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I loved that look.

If so, then you were a lone dissenter. The Troop 2016 getup was loudly and (nearly) unanimously panned right here on these boards as needlessly throwing away tradition. And a lot of people had problems with the scooped-out front to the vest. It was just roundly and loudly booed: You can't tell it's the Troopers!

Gotta remember that 2016 was the year of Downside Up, which opened the barn door to corps getting rid of hats. In 2016, hats were still a thing.

Then, in 2018, this happened:

jSpcA02.jpg?1

. . . making Troop 2016 seem, by comparison, as nostalgic and comforting as a glass of warm milk. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1