Spirit of Atlanta 2023

8 hours ago, gbass598 said:

So not to take anything away but that is almost a 3 point bump in 2 days. Did something change or did they just take advantage of a weak show lineup where they finished 2nd.

I could care less. I'm just happy they are leading the group of 12s since I like this show the most lol

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

Full disclosure: I do not have Spirit in the 12th spot though I may feel differently after I see them tomorrow night in Glassboro. That being said, this time last year Troopers were almost 4 points behind Blue Knights and 3 1/2 points behind Crossmen. It is possible to gain ground. With a some momentum and work, who knows what will happen?

Agree! You wouldn't normally see too much shifting or huge jumps among the top corps, but when it comes to these younger corps in the 12-17 range, anything is possible. It seems maybe the immaturity and inexperience of the younger members stalls their improvements early on, but whoever finds their groove and cleans up their shows will be the ones making a huge jump in Indy. We already saw that with the Crossmen over the last week and a half, so anything is possible. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

i love the FB pots from Spirit last night..."Spirit has entered the chat"

"

Early on it was a 6 horse race, then down to 2 (PC and BK), and then back to 3 (+ Xmen), and now 4. We all knew this battle for the last finalist spot was going to be fun. 

• Like 1

Keep pushing, Spirit! I'm rooting for you, as are many others.  What a great way to come out after last year.

• Like 1

From inactive in 2022 to making Big, Loud and Live in 2023. What a story. Hope this is only the beginning of better things ahead!💙

Edited by SOA Dad
Typo
  • Like 6

Thank you, Spirit! 💙 Amazing season. Onward and upward in 2024!

• Like 2

If there is an award for Drum Major, the ginger kid from Spirit should win it.  So fun to watch and excellent conducting.

• Like 1

Oh wow.  Just catching the replay of the semis run as I was on the road yesterday.  

Just saw the moment where the sound went out and frankly...it was amazing.   I mean not the mishap of course but that every single member continued to keep that choreo together and come bak in together. 

Whatever those kids are feeling about their placement, run, or season, they should be hearing that they are amazing for being able to lock it in like that and push that show forward to the end. 

The drum major deserves the Jim Jones just for keeping them together and doing what the person on the box is to do....lead and direct the performance of the entire field.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1