Top 12 Predictions 2023 (No off topic discussion, please!)

3 minutes ago, Maleguena1988 said:

Content demand has been judged pretty consistent across top 4 corps…as I said, a dark horse…like Bloo percussion last year, perhaps? 🙂

BC percussion, in not too distant memory, was a drain on the corps...then they earned a Sanford.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WarriorWay said:

And honestly the trombone thing after the ballad sounds bad - not using good tone or air. 

Um....that's how it's supposed to sound.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Boston did it by hiring away known teaching brand names, which made it possible to them to immediately pull in their best MMS from their previous corps. The other road is a lot harder, takes a lot longer. Bluecoats seem to have done it the old fashioned way. Blue Stars and Knights don’t seem to have found the right equation yet.

Just in terms of historical accuracy, while a group of Crown guard members did follow Michael and Heather over to BAC, that was not the case with brass players and drummers coming over from Cadets...it may have been a handful,  but I was around alot in 2017 and do not remember any kind of a large influx.

Lest we forget, as of the audition season in December 2016, BAC was still a 12th place corps.

AND, NONE  of those 2017 members would have been still of marching age in 2022 when Boston tied for second.

Ultimately,  the reason for their success has been extremely high level of teaching,  agile, intelligent corps management,  and a BOD and alumni base committed to doing whatever it takes to support the members. 

• Like 2

Furthermore,  there was nothing "easy" about any aspect of Boston's growth, or for that matter, its survival over a span of 83 years.   Any suggestion to the contrary is disingenuous and ignores historical facts.

16 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

Crown fans only know major scales up and down as fast as possible, triple tonguing exercises, and Bb major chords, not their fault just how they’ve been conditioned 😜

Well I am Crown fan, and a Bluecoats fan and a Boston fan. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, craiga said:

Furthermore,  there was nothing "easy" about any aspect of Boston's growth, or for that matter, its survival over a span of 83 years.   Any suggestion to the contrary is disingenuous and ignores historical facts.

Ultimately,  the reason for their success has been extremely high level of teaching,  agile, intelligent corps management,  and a BOD and alumni base committed to doing whatever it takes to support the members. 

I don't think anyone is saying, in any way, the road was easy for Boston. But, they did move very quickly from being a 12th place corps (2016) to a championship caliber corps (2022). That is extremely rare and the moves they made in the 2016 offseason were incredibly impressive and it is likely not ever going to happen ever again. 

Your second statement too is amazing when you think about it. It's remarkable. I think we are saying how impressive they have been, not that anything has come easy to them.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2