CorpsClash - A spiritual successor to DrumScorps

Paid for the subscription.

Love the app and the latest update -- "FloFlags" (trademark pending) and reverse schedule. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

With more people coming on board for the season as we get into the meat of the regionals I wanna give a thanks for this app and put it on people's radar again!

1. DCI's website is not handling the traffic for the recaps on big show nights.  Now that we're going to be seeing a lot more head to head matchups, I suspect this will be an ongoing issue.   I've encountered a slight delay in the app from the notification that scores are up to actually being able to load them, but they remain there and accessible after loading unlike DCI's website going up and down.

2. Having the schedule handy through the app is fantastic as well.  With Flo marching's schedule STILL not clarifying the multiday events and DCI's website being so awkward to navigate to the schedule....this app wins hands down for a smooth UX.

3. the option to display the show start time in local device time is super nice.  It doesn't adjust the show list start times for the corps at this point but "what time does this show start?" helps me know without having to check the time zone of the show again.

• Like 3

On 7/12/2023 at 7:14 PM, kevingamin said:

Downloaded to my iPad. $2.99/year is only $1 more than CorpsScorps charged, so still a bargain, even in this early iteration of the app.

2.99 for any software nowadays is a HUGE bargain

• Like 1

Bonus - I can run CorpsClash on my M1 MacBook Pro.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 11:04 AM, KVG_DC said:

Bump.

With more people coming on board for the season as we get into the meat of the regionals I wanna give a thanks for this app and put it on people's radar again!

1. DCI's website is not handling the traffic for the recaps on big show nights.  Now that we're going to be seeing a lot more head to head matchups, I suspect this will be an ongoing issue.   I've encountered a slight delay in the app from the notification that scores are up to actually being able to load them, but they remain there and accessible after loading unlike DCI's website going up and down.

2. Having the schedule handy through the app is fantastic as well.  With Flo marching's schedule STILL not clarifying the multiday events and DCI's website being so awkward to navigate to the schedule....this app wins hands down for a smooth UX.

3. the option to display the show start time in local device time is super nice.  It doesn't adjust the show list start times for the corps at this point but "what time does this show start?" helps me know without having to check the time zone of the show again.

It's amazing to me how counterintuitive the DCI website still is after all these years. UI is a joke

13 hours ago, kevingamin said:

Bonus - I can run CorpsClash on my M1 MacBook Pro.

Those are fantastic laptops. Nearly 20 hours battery life, pretty darn fast, and the power efficiency is amazing. I'm still mostly a PC laptop guy but I give mad respect to Apple for the new SoC design of the M1 chip. We have PC folks in our company who use the M1 or M2 Macs and they love them for travel. Gaming is still not a thing for Mac, but for getting a lot of other work done it is very impressive. Even uunplugged they retain most of their power and performance. When I unplug my Lenovo Legion 5 I am running at 70% power and the batter life is crap. 

Back to the app, I love it. Bravo to the designer/programmer. I love getting the alerts. Being on Eastern Standard Time it is nice. Last night I was already in bed before the show in Texas was completed. I heard the alert, checked my phone, scores and captions were there, then I went back to bed. 

Edited by jwillis35